We booked a room because of the good reviews on this site. The hotel was average and a disappointment.
Expensive for what is essentially a Premier Inn room with a well equipped kitchenette and sitting room. The room was clean and pleasant but we had trouble watching the movie (£5.00) we paid for and when we tried to call reception to ask for assistance the room phone didn't work (the living room phone was diverted to the bedroom for some reason) The staff member who came up to fix the problem was very helpful and sorted the problem out very quickly.
The bed and bedding were Premier Inn standard. No pillow top mattress or down duvet, never mind egyptian cotton sheets.
Breakfast was awful, plastic omelette and tough sausages, mountains of cheap carb-laden junk but very nice coffee.
The hotel's location is not bad but it is right in the middle of a students residential area. It was not far (just over a mile) to walk to the Centre but we couldn't find any restaurants close by.
Overall a disappointing stay improved only by the helpful attitude of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, IHG, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne