This is a recentish addition to the Newcastle scene so everything is still new and shiny. I had only stayed in this style of hotel in the USA previously so it was delight as I really hate sitting on beds to watch the TV and you get sick of eating out with other people all the time.
The basic concept is that you have an upmarket mini-appartment complete with all the basic items you need in a kitchen.
The room was not one of the higher ones so no view to speak of but as the room itself was a delight this was no problem. For those who like windows to open these ones don't but even I could use the heating and ventilation system and it did what it was supposed to do quietly.
At first glance the area doesn't appear that fantastic as it's student accommodation land just up from the quayside but if you study a map you are within walking distance of the city centre, Jesmond and many of the delights of Newcastle thus allowing you to leave the car in the secure car park (£8/day) and relax. I was out and about pretty late at night and didn't feel at all on my guard.
Youngish staff were all pleasant and helpful. I can't comment on the sitting room or breakfast as I didn't partake.
I would recommend particularly if you were in a group and trying to keep people together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne