“Visit it!!!”

Staybridge Suites Newcastle
Shymkent, Kazakhstan
“Visit it!!!”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I can say it was unforgettable trip! The hotel itself is perfect! The service is done every day (except weekends) and it was nicely done. The managers and other staff are really helpful and open every time you need. I felt like home there! i wish i came there again.
I recommend it if you just visiting the city or if you are on business trip. If you like to cook, well, welcome, The hotel has all conveniences you might need!
And the price! it is worth paying this money. if you don't believe compare with Premier Inn. You will see the difference)))

Room Tip: The 6th floor was the best cos it was the warmest one. Don't choose coner suites if you are trav...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is unique, it combines luxury with a homely welcoming feel. The staff love their jobs and it ooozes from every part of Staybridge Suites - they really do love having guests there. Rooms fantastic, clean, they have evenings of get togethers, bbq etc. It completely deserves to be number 1 in Newcastle because of what it is and what it offers. Any other hotel group out there, if you want to know what it takes to be so highly voted then stay here, you will feel it in five minutes. Car park next to hotel, short walk to quayside. Absolutely fantastic place. Well done to all staff, this is really a 100% team effort from everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Quiet location just 5-10 minutes walk into the city centre with plenty of secure parking.
Pleasant, welcoming and helpful staff on the front desk. After checking in I went up to the room which was well appointed with a nice kitchen including dishwasher. There is a comfortable lounge with sofa, recliner and flatscreen.
Bedroom with nice bed, ironing board etc and superb en suite with nice shower gel etc.
This is really like staying in a nice well appointed flat with the benefits of a hotel atmosphere.
I would definitely use again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor at the rear
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Al Qahirah, Egypt
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We stayed their for 2 months, for some business..everything was perfectly neat, starting from our cozy studio apartment, the delicious breakfast served by lovely Maya :), all the staff was professional,very helpful, cheerful and extra friendly :) if i could just remember all the names..Natalie <i used to call her miss smiley :D>, Catherine,...Alex,...mmm their smiling friendly managers, they just made me feel home.
As for the location it was just perfect.. a 10 minutes walk from Northumberland street and Eldon square in the city center, 5 minutes walk from the Quayside and the millennium bridge, so close to Manors metro station.
UUH and don't miss the managers reception from Tuesdays to Thursdays to grab some snacks ,also never miss the events held from time to time..i loved the chocolate factory children fund raiser,
My husband is still their actually,they never stop asking him about our due baby =]
If i ever get back to Newcastle I'll definitely pick Staybridge!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Palembang
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I came to NCL to attend My Son Congregation. He chose this Hotel for me and my wife to Stay. And it is a good choice. The Breakfast is good. And the important one for me is The WiFi is very very good.. No need to register, it is directly connect. this is one step ahead for this hotel. I will recomended to my friend and my Family if they come to NCL.

Room Tip: You can cook by yourself... the mini kitchen is very good. ( But in NCL many and close place that yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I have friends in Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Over the years I have tried various different hotels in and around the city. None have ever proven truly satisfactory, most usually due to lack of noise insulation. One hotel in Jesmond even refused (despite such being against the Law) to install a hand-rail up a flight of three steps, when I pointed out that this would be of assistance to some disabled and/or mobility-impaired folk.

On this occasion I used Booking.com to search out accommodation that would cope with my disabilities and have somewhere for the car to be parked securely. A boon was that it also included (limited) free WiFi in one's room, sufficient to check emails, social media and the news-feeds.

I selected an aparthotel named Staybridge Suites Newcastle. It consisted of: a fully equipped kitchen, including 'fridge-freezer, microwave, hob, extractor hood, dishwasher and all the accoutrements one might need for cooking up a tasty repast; a sitting-room area with sofa and two chairs, a flat-screen television-set and various pouffes; the bedroom had a second flat-screen TV plus one of the most comfortable beds I have ever had the delight in which to sleep; a bathroom with full-sized tub, pulsing shower, W.C., sink, etc. One even had access to a laundry room fitted with washing-machines.

Finding the hotel at night was our first difficulty. We found Buxton Street with no difficulty, but we could not spot the hotel amidst all the student accommodation blocks. The hotel had no lit sign, although one can spot it in daylight. We only had to go up and down the street twice. However apparently the arrival prior to myself had spent twenty minutes attempting to locate. Alas sat-navs only help one reach a post-code which can be a whole street, so they are generally no help.

Our next problem was entering the gated car-park. Well, it certainly reassured us that it was reasonably secure. The very affable Pratik apologised for the failing of the intercom and quickly helped us gain access and check in. He made us aware of The Pantry from whence one can obtain provisions and toiletries. He even advised us that my friends in Newkie were more than welcome to come and join us for a complimentary breakfast. One cannot get much more welcoming than that!

My room was on the ground floor which meant no need to use lifts (escalators) nor stairs. One of the two lifts was out of order, but actually had a notice on it which stated what the problem was, confirmed that the engineer had been summonsed and the time s/he was expected to arrive.

The apartment allocated was actually partially underground due to the edifice having been built into the slope. With drawn curtains this was irrelevant. However, one might feel a tad claustrophobic were one to stay for any length of time.

I and my assistant do not travel light. There was plenty of space for all our luggage, baggage and paraphernalia. Furthermore, our guests were able to spread out and relax whilst we sorted ourselves out.

After returning from dinner in Chinatown (see my review on Red Diner if Chinese food appeals), we were quickly to bed and snuggled down to an undisturbed and uninterrupted slumber.

In the morning we helped ourselves to breakie. There were choices of cereal; fruits; pastries; conserves; yoghourts; a whole plethora of coffees & teas; juices; and, heated foods. One would have to be extremely fussy not to find something one liked. Nothing was stale, dry or overcooked. Completely sated, after sampling a bit of just about everything, we did not require luncheon for that day, but waited until dinner to eat again.

On checking out, the lovely Natalie was able to send an electronic receipt so we did not have to mess around with paper as well as giving us the friendliest of salutations and a genuinely sincerely expressed hope that we would return. I shall of course be staying there again. Now I have found somewhere where I know I can get a good night's rest, I can stay longer in Newcastle. Looking forward to my next visit already. %)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Colin-Roy H
SBSNewcastle, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your review I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that Natalie and Pratik's delivered great service - they will be delighted. I am sorry that you had problems finding the hotel, I will look in to some addtitional lighting around our car park signs, our sign is very high up on the building and not easy to see in the dark! Thanks again - we look forward to welcoming you back.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from staying here on a Saturday night. We booked up quite late and I was amazed to find this place still available. It's about a 10-15 walk from the train station but I would recommend a taxi on an evening as it's only about £4-5 from the city centre. We had a room on the 6th floor which was stunning overlooking the Tyne bridge and other various landmarks. The room was spotless and huge including full kitchen facilities. Bathroom was a walk in shower only which I was happy with but be aware. Some rooms seems to have baths though so each to their own. The bed was amazingly comfy and I have absolutely no faults. The breakfast was also superb with a choice of everything you could want. From continental to full English. Would highly recommend this place to anyone. Superb.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple