We could not fault our one room suite and the service from the friendly receptionists. As a new hotel all the soft furnishings and furniture were perfect and made our stay both comfortable and enjoyable. The room entrance door opened onto a lounge area with small kitchenette and breakfast bar. The connecting bedroom and bathroom were typical designs for modern hotels.
The hotel does not have a restaurant but a complimentary breakfast is included in the room rate. While not comparable with full service hotels the breakfast selection included fresh fruits, bagels, muffins and a hot dish as well as the usual cerials, juices, toast etc. All food was presented well and of a good quality. One nice touch is the free coffee machine available any time of day.
A big plus of this hotel is the safe off road parking. Although a charge of £8 is made per day this works out cheaper and more convenient if you are in the city for a whole day or more - on street parking is charged every day of the week in the locality. The location is about 20 minutes walk from the city centre and 5 minutes downhill to the Millenium Bridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne