Staybridge Suites Newcastle
US$111
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$108
US$91
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$53
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$70
US$90
US$84
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$119
US$115
  • Restaurant
Novotel Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$64
Travelocity
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$37
Official Hotel Site
    1,473 results
    All reviewshome from homeone bedroom suitecity centrelaundry roomsmall kitchenkitchen areastudent accommodationfull kitchenshort walkself cateringbreakfast barsecure parkingcomplimentary breakfastmillennium bridgecoffee machinea great place to staybeans
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 25 January 2014

I guess there are only two things that bring you to Newcastle, work and parties. For me it was work and I was looking for an up marketed self-catering place which would allow me to prepare for the job as I was only engage in activities for 2 ½ days and had 6 days to chill. The reviews on tripadvisor looked good and so I decided to book into staybridges.
    Reception was fast, friendly and efficient. The room looked ok, good kitchen with all the appliances, dishwasher, etc. I began unpacking just to realize a little later that there was “noise” coming from the bathroom, a leaking toilet. So packed and moved to another room. Looked great but there was no tap on the bathroom basin and the water for the hand basin was not working. Bugger that I just used the tap on the bath. Good start isn’t it? To my surprise the tap was fixed the next day without me informing housekeeping about it. However all downhill from there. It was really like buying a second hand Italian sportscar, driving it round the corner and then breaking down. And the dealer took your money. Towing it to the next repair shop only to find out that Luigi was in Italy and would not be back for a further 6 weeks. During the following 6 days the room was not serviced once. On day 6 I went to reception and requested a room service while being away for 3 hours. Guess what happened? Absolutely nothing except someone opened the curtains in the bedroom. Wow that was great. At around 5 pm I received a phone call that I had “requested” a service but due to the “not disturb sign” they did not want to come in. Wow again, you did not clean the room while I was away and then phoned later just to let me know that you have not serviced it despite my request. Mm I did not know that you had to request a room service in a “4 star hotel” in the UK, new to me. Maybe I should have bribed housekeeping for their efforts. I survived another day without service and checked out.
    Buy hey the hotel remembered that I requested a service. The next day at 2 pm and despite the “do not disturb sign” staff opened the door, asking whether the room needed a clean. Not even a minute later the house keeping manager phoned to find out whether I needed a clean as I requested one yesterday. She thought I was out today. Oh really? The sign on the door was put there by someone else? Now I was seriously irritated.
    So by any standard poor and unacceptable
    Afterthoughts: after all do not buy an Italian car if the service lacks. Next time I will stick to Porsche again but hold on, there was none in Newcastle. It will be Toyota then, cheaper, more reliable and good service. And that is what you should do when in Newcastle. One can possibly assume that the demonstrated lack of maintainance and lack of knowledge about the state of their rooms and the appalling service cannot possibly be a “once off” event and in retrospect I am surprised that there are so many good reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel. In addition there is no room service on the weekend-great cost savings for the hotel- the rubbish stays in the room, wonderful. In summary too expensive for what you get with the no care attitude. Interesting what such a poor experience can do to the branch. I will certainly avoid this chain at all costs unless there is no other alternatives.
    P.S. If you are the manager of this establishment do not bother to respond, this was unacceptable. Not interested in your excuses.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    2  Thank sportsmed t
    SBSNewcastle, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

At Staybridge Suites Newcastle we are extremely proud of our ranking on Tripadvisor and it takes great customer satisfaction levels to ensure that we stay at the top which we have now managed to do for four years. This coupled with being awarded as one of the top 25 Hotels in the entire UK on Tripadvisor means that comments such as these are taken extremely seriously so we can take appropriate action for the benefit of all future guests.

The room this guest was moved to on same floor with the best of intentions (in an attempt to minimise the disruption) was accidentally to a room which had been designated 'out of order' due to the hotel waiting for a replacement tap. I regret this and apologise unreservedly for this human error which is unacceptable. This was corrected immediately the following morning.

The majority of our guests stay for long periods of time and we endeavour to provide a 'home from home' environment, hence at weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) when our guests are at 'home' and not at work we do not service the rooms unless requested to do so. This is explained at check in, on our key cards, in the lifts, on every bedroom notice board and in our in-room collateral. This is intended to be a benefit to our guests rather than a cost saving measure. Our housekeeping team are available seven days a week and room servicing can be accommodated at all times of the day or night.

In this case the room was serviced on two occasions by different team members and a further two offered, yet declined. The remainder of the time when our team went to service the room a do not disturb sign was visible which means exactly that. We eventually knocked in the evening due to the service request in the hope that the guest would be available and that the do not disturb was an oversight seeing as a service had indeed been requested – again the service was declined.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy our brand or your stay with us, however despite our evident shortcomings in this instance we are grateful that you chose to remain for the full ten day stay, it is just a shame that miscommunication regarding do not disturb notices means that we failed to wow you. I am also disappointed that we did not get chance to speak directly.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was at least the sixth time I'd stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Newcastle and as always, it didn't disappoint. During booking, I received an upgrade to a larger suite (IHG Gold Card). On arrival the staff were not only welcoming, friendly and courteous, but the room was made available earlier than normal. On arrival in the room, a member of staff walked me through all the amenities and offer me extra milk & biscuits for the Tea & Coffee. Upon visiting the Wednesday night Manager's Reception, I founded the lobby area absolutely buzzing with great atmosphere due to a celebratory Burns' Night, complete with Bagpipes, Poetry Recital, Haggis, Neeps & Tatties... and Scotch Whiskey. The following day, check-out time was also extended without a fuss. Excellent, thank you all.

Room Tip: Only two types of suites - Standard (a Bedroom/Kitchen with a separate ensuite Bathroom) or Upgrade (Kitchen/Lounge Dinner with a Separate Bedroom with ensuite Bathroom. All of them as clean & quiet.
    • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
    Reviewed 22 January 2014

We could not fault our one room suite and the service from the friendly receptionists. As a new hotel all the soft furnishings and furniture were perfect and made our stay both comfortable and enjoyable. The room entrance door opened onto a lounge area with small kitchenette and breakfast bar. The connecting bedroom and bathroom were typical designs for modern hotels.
    The hotel does not have a restaurant but a complimentary breakfast is included in the room rate. While not comparable with full service hotels the breakfast selection included fresh fruits, bagels, muffins and a hot dish as well as the usual cerials, juices, toast etc. All food was presented well and of a good quality. One nice touch is the free coffee machine available any time of day.
    A big plus of this hotel is the safe off road parking. Although a charge of £8 is made per day this works out cheaper and more convenient if you are in the city for a whole day or more - on street parking is charged every day of the week in the locality. The location is about 20 minutes walk from the city centre and 5 minutes downhill to the Millenium Bridge.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank GKTravellers
    Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband and I booked a night in the Staybridge Suites and at the end of the stay were disappointed that we hadn't booked further nights. It was just perfect, from the very friendly reception staff to the quality of the apartment/furniture etc. The apartment was very spacious and we had a view of the millennium bridge so try to get the 6th floor if you can. The kitchen was fully equipped with top quality white goods and utensils, and had everything you could possible need. Reception can recommend local takeaways and if you order some shopping, they will ensure that it is put in the fridge/ freezer etc. They even offer a complimentary breakfast.

The quality of the toiletries in the bathroom was exceptional and the shower lovely. There is a fitness suite in the building but we didn't have time to see it.

We trawled the bars in Newcastle looking for the Heineken Cup Tigers match and eventually found one but on arriving back to the apartment, found out they even have sky sports in the rooms! We never dreamt of checking as have never found this before. Amazing! We will definitely be returning for a week or so as it makes a perfect base for exploring the surrounding area which is beautiful.

All in all so much nicer than a hotel as you have the best of both worlds. I have been wowed by rooms, meals and places before but I don't think I have ever been so impressed. It's the complete package.

Room Tip: ask for the sixth floor for the views
    • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank jenny T
    Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed in a single room this time but it came with the full kitchen set-up and sitting area. More than adequate for a night.

Impeccably clean and tidy, allowed early entry as I had been traveling overnight without any hassle. Instead of going out for a meal I bought a few treats in the city and used the facilities. Excellent, everything you needed but check the ice tray has been filled!

Not usually a breakfast person but seemingly it was part of the package (probably 'cos it was just post Christmas) and it was fine. Not cordon-bleu but better than I usually have at home and with a far better selection.

The area might put a stranger off as it feels as if it is in the middle of student land but it is actually only a short walk to the city centre and the area is 'safe' to walk around at anytime.

If you are into real ale and 'proper' pubs you are within 12 minutes walk of some of the best pubs in Newcastle. Start in the Free Trade which has one of the best views of the Tyne bridges and either pick a local scene magazine in there or simply ask the bar staff - they will go out of their way to help and direct you to the next pub and don't be put of by the nicotine stained wallpaper - it's been that way for the 25 years I have known it!

If you are a stranger to Newcastle and views interest you ask for the sixth floor, odd numbers. The 'Winking-Eye' bridge looks good at night changing colours.

Enjoy Newcastle if it's your first time. Brekkie/snack tip - try the small place right under the Tyne Bridge on the Quayside in Queen st. Small, friendly and a nice little treat. I think it's painted yellow on the outside.

Room Tip: 6th floor, odd numbers (I think!) if you want a view.
    • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple