We were in town for the weekend as I had hospitality at Newcastle United on last Saturday and also we were meeting friends for a meal on the Friday.
I saw it was number one rated on trip advisor and we were not disappointed.
We booked a king suite which comprised of a separate living room with a sofa and a leather recliner. A fully fitted kitchen, separate spacious bedroom with the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept on. Lovely bathroom also.
I am from The North East but we now live in Scotland so it was great to have a view of the Tyne and Millennium bridge out of your window.
I am really bad with names but the young man that I spoke to on the phone earlier who was on reception could not have been more welcoming and friendly, he made our check in quick and easy. The young girl also on duty during our check in was very nice.
This is the first time I have booked a place like this which is all suites and not a hotel and I have to say it was so much better.
The Welcome Home sign on the entrance is a nice touch and I can see what the designer of the place had in mind. The shop which was nicely called the pantry was open 24 hours of the day, which had everything you need. There was also a quiet den, as well as a living room to sit and eat or have a coffee.
As we enjoyed out time in Newcastle to the max, we never managed to get to breakfast which was a shame as we had a glimpse of it the morning we left and it looked fantastic, but as we run a pub and restaurant ourselves we had to get back on Sunday for our carvery.
We met the manager in the morning who was a nice guy and also the girl who checked us out was very friendly.
Special mention to the night reception guy Peter. As we came in late from being out I recognised him right away as he used to work with me on a holiday park way back in the 90's He was just as friendly and a good guy as I remembered.
As well as having the pub I also work in the UK holiday park industry so I am acutely aware of good service and bad service. If you are the manager reading this then please congratulate your self and most of all your team as everyone I met from reception to the cleaners said hello, smiled and were great.
Love the place, i will recommended to anyone I know staying in Newcastle and we have found our new home in Newcastle whenever we return.
Room 409 great
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne