“Unique and rare find, loved our stay”

Staybridge Suites Newcastle
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We were in town for the weekend as I had hospitality at Newcastle United on last Saturday and also we were meeting friends for a meal on the Friday.

I saw it was number one rated on trip advisor and we were not disappointed.

We booked a king suite which comprised of a separate living room with a sofa and a leather recliner. A fully fitted kitchen, separate spacious bedroom with the most comfortable bed I think I have ever slept on. Lovely bathroom also.

I am from The North East but we now live in Scotland so it was great to have a view of the Tyne and Millennium bridge out of your window.

I am really bad with names but the young man that I spoke to on the phone earlier who was on reception could not have been more welcoming and friendly, he made our check in quick and easy. The young girl also on duty during our check in was very nice.

This is the first time I have booked a place like this which is all suites and not a hotel and I have to say it was so much better.

The Welcome Home sign on the entrance is a nice touch and I can see what the designer of the place had in mind. The shop which was nicely called the pantry was open 24 hours of the day, which had everything you need. There was also a quiet den, as well as a living room to sit and eat or have a coffee.

As we enjoyed out time in Newcastle to the max, we never managed to get to breakfast which was a shame as we had a glimpse of it the morning we left and it looked fantastic, but as we run a pub and restaurant ourselves we had to get back on Sunday for our carvery.

We met the manager in the morning who was a nice guy and also the girl who checked us out was very friendly.

Special mention to the night reception guy Peter. As we came in late from being out I recognised him right away as he used to work with me on a holiday park way back in the 90's He was just as friendly and a good guy as I remembered.

As well as having the pub I also work in the UK holiday park industry so I am acutely aware of good service and bad service. If you are the manager reading this then please congratulate your self and most of all your team as everyone I met from reception to the cleaners said hello, smiled and were great.

Love the place, i will recommended to anyone I know staying in Newcastle and we have found our new home in Newcastle whenever we return.

Room 409 great

Room Tip: 409 We had, a King Suite and really nice with good view
2  Thank EddyC71
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Newcastle

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Staybridge for the weekend with 4 other friends, we had 3 rooms between us. On arrival at 11.30am, we had expected to leave our bags and check in later but we actually got access to our rooms then and it was very straightforward. The building is very modern and the rooms, classed as suites, are spacious and finished to a high standard. The little kitchen would be useful for longer stays. The staff could not have done more for us, in fact I was overheard talking about a little noise I had heard with doors banging in the early hours and a member of staff nearby asked if everything had been ok and could they do anything/resolve. Apart from 20 mins of doors banging at the rooms were absolutely peaceful and provide a great nights sleep. Breakfast is quite casual but delicious and definitely worth the full price paid. Taxis are not required here as the centre of town is a max 10 minute walk away. I will most definitely stay here again when I am next in Newcastle.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HannahM0406
Reviewed 23 March 2014

2nd time i have stayed at a Staybridge Suite, and really like the concept-it is in reality a self catering studio flat. What really impressed me was the room and bathroom are designed so that they can be used by infirm and/or disabled guests. The hotel itself is 5 minutes walk from the Quayside area and about 15 minutes walk from the city centre. Car parking is available on site. The breakfast is the same as those served at a Holiday Inn Express, and I found it was fine for my needs. My girlfriend loved it, and wants to return for a longer stay next time.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Visited the Staybridge Suites Newcastle for family gathering in March 2014; really pleasantly surprised by the quality and service offered - never tried this hotel brand before but would do so again without question.

Although we stayed for leisure purposes, the room would also be perfect for business / longer trips as the kitchen area really helps make the room feel more like an apartment. They just need to open more hotels like this in the UK!

Staff very attentive and helpful - not that we had any issues at all. Perfectly located for Quayside and Newcastle city centre.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

I really can't recommend this place highly enough. The rooms are great, the price is fantastic and the care and trouble that the staff go to to make you feel welcome is outstanding. Each room is a small apartment and the whole place has a very homely feel. I loved the breakfast arrangement, which is a buffet but like being at home and everyone helps out and gets stuck in. Great experience can't wait to go back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We states here for our wedding night as we had out reception a short walk away. One of the nicest hotels we have stayed in.

Staff are lovely and very helpful. We arrived in the early hours of the morning and received homemade cookies on arrival. 24hr coffee machine was great for a late night got chocolate.

We we given a room on the 6th floor. The room was great and had perfect views of the quayside and bridges. Room was very clean and modern.

We couldn't fault the breakfast at all. For all the hot items are on a buffet basis we thought the breakfast was better than most hotels we have stayed in and thoroughly enjoyed it! Lots of items to choose from - sausages, scrambled eggs, hash browns, beans, toast, tea, coffee, juices, Yoghurts, pastries, muffins, hams, cheeses etc.

We had a lovely stay and would definitely stay in this hotel again!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Saw the good reviews on Trip Advisor and thought it was worth a look. We were not disappointed. Friendly staff, clean room and a pleasant environment. The only small criticism would be that maybe the lounge area could do with a freshen up. However, I would gladly recommend it to anyone looking for a good central location in Newcastle.

Stayed: March 2014