“Superb reception staff”

Staybridge Suites Newcastle
“Superb reception staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was my first stay at Staybridge Suites Newcastle.....it won't be my last. I was in Newcastle seeing a specialist for my daughter, and he admitted her straight into hospital. So quite a stressful situation for me obviously. I'd hurriedly booked on my phone that day and failed to notice that I'd reserved the wrong date. Anyway... I arrived to a fully booked hotel as the realisation dawned that it was my mistake. The young man on the desk ( wish I'd got his name....it may have been Pratik?) was so kind and understanding, didn't make me feel stupid ( tho stupid I did feel believe me!) he just immediately got onto helping me out. He told me to help myself to coffee and sit down while he tried to get me another room nearby. He reserved a room for me at the nearby Jesmond Holiday inn, sorted my reservation for me to check in at staybridge the next day and gave me a bottle of wine to take with me. I cannot express how much I appreciated his kind dealing of the situation. All the girls on the desk are really friendly and helpful too...the staff here make this a ' great ' hotel not just a ' good' hotel. As for the rooms...perfect! Spotless, superbly equipped and gives a real feeling of home. The hotels ethos seems to be to allow you to have the freedom of a self catering apartment...it works very well. Comfort of a top hotel ...but without the stuffiness. Very good value for money too. Although I know it was my mistake and I should have checked the date......I do feel the online booking system needs to be looked at as it doesn't tell you your dates are unavailable ..just jumps on to the next available date ( which incidentally is displayed in very small print especially on a mobile device). So you proceed under the assumption that the rooms and rates displayed are for the dates you entered. But apart from that ...perfect.

2 Thank Sarah T
Staybridge S, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Good Afternoon Sarah,

Pratik was so happy he was able to help you at such a difficult time for yourself. I've passed your feedback on the mobile booking tool to our technology and systems department and they are currently looking at upgrades they can make to make the site as user friendly as possible!

Many Thanks
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having stayed here for a total of about 10 weeks spead over the last 3 or 4 years, I agree with the comments of the recent reviewers "siemenstraveler" and "Ian F", so no need to repeat them.
As an illustration of how the staff here "run the extra mile," during my most recent stays a local University friend has loaned me a bike; last week, the bike needed a minor repair one evening after the local bike shops had closed. One of the helpful staff, Pratik, said with a smile: I can fix it for you, which he promptly did! Thanks Pratik and the whole team; well done.

1 Thank TravellingPr0f
Staybridge S, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Good Morning,

It was great to see you back with us & hopefully it wont be too long until your next trip.

Pratik was so pleased he was able to help with the bike!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have been staying here, on and off, for over a year now and cannot recommend it highly enough. Staff are happy, friendly and professional...Kirsty managed to make sure that when I left something in my room it was stored safely until my next visit.
The rooms are all large, clean and have all the basic facilities you need when eating in.
There is a managers drinks hour on Tues - Thus evenings which was extended to include a bbq last night. All complementary!
If there is ever a problem with a room then if I mention it to the staff as I leave in the morning then it is invariably fixed by the time I return in the evening.
The aparthotel concept is great and the execution is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the car park a darker at night and so are easier to sleep in.
1 Thank Brian L
Hi Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share you fabulous feedback on your time as Staybridge! :) & We'll see you soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is my hotel of choice when I am in Newcastle, usually 4 nights during the week, after several stays earlier in the year this was a return after about 3 months working in other parts of the country.

Knowing most of the staff quite well it was like I had never been away, a friendly welcome. That is one of the things I like about staying here its a friendly atmosphere not stuffy like some hotels can be. The staff are also very helpful with a good knowlege of what is avaiable in the local area.

There had been some alterations/refit of the public areas since my last stay and it all blended in very well.

The rooms are a good size and the kitchens are well equipped and for me the hotel is in a very good location its a good base for either working or site seeing in the local area. It is only just off the city center and unlike a lot of hotels now, has a good sized carpark, with about half of it undercover.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but if you want a view floors 4, 5 & 6 facing the river.
3 Thank siemenstraveler
Hi Russell,

We are thrilled to have you back! Thank you for your wonderful comments and we'll see you tomorrow :)

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Really nice hotel, with high quality suites, well fitted out. Staff were helpful and faultless. It's a short walk to the city centre and an even shorter walk to the Tyne and the Millennium bridge. Bed was very comfy and the buffet breakfast was top notch too. I'd strongly recommend - it's a little pricey and car parking is extra but all well worth it. Definitely 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ian F
Staybridge S, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Hi Ian,

The breakfast team we're so thrilled to read you thought the breakfast was "top notch"!

Hopefully we'll get to welcome you back again soon.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here with my partner for her birthday last year. One of the best places we have stayed during any of our travels. Views over the Tyne were spectacular and the breakfast was of the highest quality. Short walking distance into the town centre and anything you could possibly need. Great stay, would definitely return !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dean_Ellis2014
Belated or not we sure are happy you took the time to leave your feedback on your stay with us. I'm so glad you got to enjoy the incredible views some of our rooms have!

Hopefully you'll be back with us again soon.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is excellent l. One of the best beds I have ever slept in. Very well appointed room and nice breakfasts. Very impressed from start to finish.

only with we had stayed longer. Easy walkkng walking distance to the main areas so no need for bus/train etc.

Reccomend this place without hesitation

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank corbett_shane
Staybridge S, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hi Shane,

"Very impressed from start to finish" what a great message to be able to share with the team! Thank you so much for your feedback & hopefully we'll get the opportunity to welcome you back to Staybridge Suites again soon.