This was my first stay at Staybridge Suites Newcastle.....it won't be my last. I was in Newcastle seeing a specialist for my daughter, and he admitted her straight into hospital. So quite a stressful situation for me obviously. I'd hurriedly booked on my phone that day and failed to notice that I'd reserved the wrong date. Anyway... I arrived to a fully booked hotel as the realisation dawned that it was my mistake. The young man on the desk ( wish I'd got his name....it may have been Pratik?) was so kind and understanding, didn't make me feel stupid ( tho stupid I did feel believe me!) he just immediately got onto helping me out. He told me to help myself to coffee and sit down while he tried to get me another room nearby. He reserved a room for me at the nearby Jesmond Holiday inn, sorted my reservation for me to check in at staybridge the next day and gave me a bottle of wine to take with me. I cannot express how much I appreciated his kind dealing of the situation. All the girls on the desk are really friendly and helpful too...the staff here make this a ' great ' hotel not just a ' good' hotel. As for the rooms...perfect! Spotless, superbly equipped and gives a real feeling of home. The hotels ethos seems to be to allow you to have the freedom of a self catering apartment...it works very well. Comfort of a top hotel ...but without the stuffiness. Very good value for money too. Although I know it was my mistake and I should have checked the date......I do feel the online booking system needs to be looked at as it doesn't tell you your dates are unavailable ..just jumps on to the next available date ( which incidentally is displayed in very small print especially on a mobile device). So you proceed under the assumption that the rooms and rates displayed are for the dates you entered. But apart from that ...perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne