1,583 results
All reviews home from home one bedroom suite city centre laundry room small kitchen full kitchen kitchen area student accommodation self catering breakfast bar secure parking millennium bridge complimentary breakfast a great place to stay coffee machine beans self service
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I've been coming to Newcastle on business and staying at the Staybridge on a regular basis for the last two years and I have to say it's one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. You're made to feel so welcome from the off, it's a real home away from home and for me makes staying away no burden at all.

I find the managers reception (Tue, Wed & Thur) really helped me to relax in the evening with a couple of free glasses of wine and some nibbles. The atmosphere is always friendly and welcoming, with the occasional themed evening for a bit of variety.

The rooms are excellent, especially the suites on the higher floors overlooking the river, all are well equipped, well maintained and clean, every room has a kitchinette. The kitchenettes are really well equipped and useful if you don't want to go out for meal, but if you do the hotel is only 10 minutes walk from the heart of Newcastle with all it's great restaurants and bars. The hotel while being close to the centre is in a quite area close to the Quayside so no traffic noise to disturb sleep.

The staff I've come across have all been superb, but I'd particulary mention the front of house staff; Katriana, Kirsty and Pratik, they're clearly well motivated and empowered to resolve any issues and make your stay as smooth as possible. And the managers Craig and Patrick do their utmost to make you feel relaxed and welcome.

Alas, my time in Newcastle on business is near an end but should I venture this way again, no doubt where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th-6th floors at the front have the best view of the river, Millenium bridge and the Sage.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Staybridge S, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Hi John,

What a sensational review to share with the staff so many of which you've mentioned.

It's been a pleasure having you stay with us and hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

First time I've stayed there but what a treat. Nice rooms- I had one overlooking the river. The views were great of the bridges all lit up. Comfortable beds and very clean rooms. All the comforts you need when away from home, though I could dot find the cutlery which was hidden away in a draw!
Breakfast was thrown in with the deal- more than enough variety and quality to start the day.
Staff were very efficient and pleasant to deal with. Plenty of secure car parking, though I hate paying for it.
Very fast an reliable Wi-Fi.
Definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have a nice view and get the sun.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hi "999Gary"

Firstly thank you for the fantastic 5* review. Its great to see you got to enjoy so much that we have to offer here at Staybridge Suites & we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I like the Staybridge Suites a lot. I've stayed there a number of times over the years, and the rooms are comfortable, well-appointed and (crucially for me!) quiet with air conditioning you can actually control.

It's two minutes from the Quayside, even if it doesn't look like it on the map, and 10 minutes walk from the edge of the shopping district. The communal area downstairs is nice to sit in, and the staff friendly. A nightly wine and cheese get together is a friendly affair.

My only gripe is paying to park there. If it was in the centre of town, I'd understand it, but it's irritating so far out.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Staybridge S, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hi "travellinghiggy"

Thanks for the great 4 start review, its great to hear that you keep coming back to stay with us.

Hopefully next time we can turn that 4 into a 5!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

...with the added bonus of having the room cleaned daily! Furnishings were modern and very comfortable, and rooms come with fully equipped kitchens. The only small down-side was that there was no opening window but the air conditioning worked well and was very quiet. I had a small problem with the cupboard but was given a bottle of wine as a "sorry" token, and it was fixed.

There is no restaurant or bar but it's right in the Quayside area where you can find heaps of these - who likes sitting in the hotel anyway? There's a "pantry" where you can buy food/drink downstairs but there's also a Tesco just around the corner where you can get a better selection for much cheaper. During some weekdays there are free drinks in reception but unfortunately I wasn't able to take advantage of these. If travelling for work and staying for more than one night, this is definitely the way to go.

Oh, and check out the creepy mannequins in the block of flats across the road!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view if you can - not all of them have one though unfortunately
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank hellofish
Staybridge S, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Hi, "Hellofish"

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your time at Staybridge Suites Newcastle.

We are currently re-vamping the stock in our pantry so hopefully on you're next stay with us you'll get to enjoy a few more different items from there.

Don't forget us next time your in the north east,

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay here. A short walk from town, staff were very helpful and friendly. As a continental breakfast person this suited me down to a t!

Really clean place of the rooms a modern and what can I say about the bed. Wow the bed was amazing. I laid on it for 5 min and I wasn't far off in the best sleep ever. The duvet to matters ratio was perfect and the pillows were heavenly. Can't wait to go back just to sleep!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Staybridge S, Guest Services Manager at Staybridge Suites Newcastle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

& We can't wait to have you back either!

Thank you for the sensational comments. (I agree the beds are WOW!)

Hopefully it won't be too long until your next visit with us.