Having stayed at the Hilton the last time we visited Newcastle and not enjoying the experience (uncomfortable bed / noise from adjoining rooms and corridor) we were looking for an alternative and came across the Staybridge reviews on Trip Advisor.
So glad we did as it was a very pleasant stay. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who gave us a run down of 'how it works here'. She very kindly booked our taxi for later that evening.
We stayed in a studio which was decorated to a high standard. Plush fabrics / comfortable bed linen. No bath but large and powerful shower and lovely big thick fluffy white towels! Very clean, in fact the hotel still had that 'new carpet' smell. I would argue that the 'kingsize' bed they advertise is in fact a queen / large double, but it was still comfortable and we did have a good night's sleep.
We heard no noise whatsoever from adjoining rooms or outside (ceiling to floor windows don't open but there is a very good / quiet ac system). Corridor noise was limited to just one idiot who thought it acceptable to laugh and shriek at the top of their lungs at 12.30am, otherwise peace perfect peace!
We booked via the hotel's website for a reasonable rate which included a continental and hot breakfast selection (hot included very tasty cheese omelette, sausages and beans) cereal, toast, fruit, yogurts, all the different milks and juice also available. The 24 hour pantry is a great idea, especially if overcome by chocolate munchies at midnight, however we did not use this thoughtful facility. There is a daily parking charge.
A swift and hassle free check out; we enquired about the development of future Staybridge Suites as we will definitely be using again and although there is only Liverpool and Newcastle open at the moment, they are currently building in Birmingham and London - great!
A short walk back from the Quayside, although it is uphill. Between 5 to 10 minutes walk from the Swanhouse Roundabout (Linekars / Metro Radio building next to the Tyne Bridge) depending upon how much alcohol one has consumed!
As a native of Newcastle I am very pleased Staybridge has arrived and I will definitely return when visiting for a night out again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne