I stayed here with my wife as we were visiting her hometown on her birthday.
The guy at check in noticed it was her birthday and upgraded us to a room with a great view towards the Tyne bridge etc which she really enjoyed waking up to and made the visit a bit special.
The area the hotel is in is a tad distant from the city (20 minute walk) and not overly picturesque. It does cater towards longer stay business clients I would say but it was very well appointed. The plumbing in our room (603), was quirky and after each flush of the wc the cistern "banged". The shower had one of those "slow draining" features which left you standing in a puddle of water and the refillable shampoo/soap dispensers had nowhere to be placed in the cubicle leaving no option but to put on the shower floor! Breakfast was ok if not a little hectic. The toaster did not work and staff apologised for this .On check out I was met with an "extra £8.00 charge" for parking which was not evident or indicated on my booking process and I don't think that kind of thing should be a surprise! (maybe you have to search to find it?) There is a graded charge (gets cheaper for longer stays) sign which is shown on exiting the car park but not entering!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Superbreak UK, Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne