Our family of two adults and two young children stayed at a one-bedroom suite for one night. The suite was nice, modern and well equipped, though quite cramped and uncomfortable for a party with more than two people. As a previous poster mentioned, the sofa bed sank in the middle and made creaking sounds easily. Also one must access the bathroom through the bedroom which means disdurbing and no privacy for the guests sleeping in the bedroom.
Other negatives are 1. we had requested a suite with views upon booking but were given one looking out to the parking lot; 2. parking charge of £8 even though the hotel wasn't busy and the parking lot was quite empty the entire time; and 3. Staybridge was the only hotel chain out of the 11 accommodations of our 3-week UK trip that quoted room rates exclusive of VAT. Upon checkout the total added up to quite a bit higher and was not the bargain as it seemed.
The complimentary WIFI and laundry facilities were nice to have, and we used the small gym which had a few good quality equipment. The breakfast was okay and the hotel had a pleasantly casual and relaxed atmosphere, Overall we would recommend the place if you can get a good bargain (considering VAT and parking charges) and there are no more than two people staying at the suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staybridge Suites is an all-suite, extended-stay hotel that caters to guests looking for just one night, one week or longer. Whether relocating to the area, on a project, in training, or in need of a hotel, Staybridge Suites Newcastle is the ideal place to stay. Staybridge Suites Newcastle is located just moments from the Quayside area, with its excellent selection of restaurants and bars. Within walking distance is the Millennium Bridge, Baltic Centre, Tyne Bridge and the eye-catching Sage Gateshead. The city centre location of Staybridge Suites Newcastle puts all of the major business and leisure attractions of Newcastle within easy reach, including the many shops and restaurants around Eldon Square, the Theatre Royal, Centre for Life and Newcastle and Northumbria Universities. Staybridge Suites Newcastle offer 2 types of suites: Studio and One-Bedroom, many with stunning views of the Quayside area and the Millennium Bridge. All suites are furnished to a high standard; containing a fully equipped kitchen, living room area, work space, flat screen TV with over 100 TV and radio channels including Sky Sports and JSTV and complimentary high speed Wi-Fi Internet. Hotel amenities include a 24-HR manned reception, complimentary breakfast, on site convenience shop, fitness room, IHG Rewards points and complimentary guest laundry room. Join us for complimentary guest evening receptions (Tuesday-Thursday) serving drinks and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Staybridge Suites Newcastle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Staybridge Suites
- Staybridge Suites Newcastle Upon Tyne