“Drinks with friends”

Price range: US$13 - US$45
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated on Grey Street in Newcastle, The Living Room is a contemporary bar and restaurant with a laid-back vibe that keeps the locals coming back for more. During the day, it's the ideal place to do business over lunch or refuel after a day of shopping. In the evening, the modern eatery fills up with a lively post-work crowd catching up over cocktails. The fixed price menu is great value for money and there is plenty to choose from with all our dishes made with top quality seasonal ingredients. With dishes such as Thai fish cakes, Monkfish and Pork Blocks that not only taste great but look it too why not come and try?
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Far to noisy kids behind bar playing rubbish music turned up high, shame it's a lovely bar. Don't think I will be going back

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Booked a table for four - no one else in the restaurant. Not hard to see why.
Starters OK but did not have all the choices available - main meal husbands steak was raw when he asked for it to be medium well done/blood running out. Did not take the other meals away so we could all eat together. Chicken ciabatta sandwich - what chicken there was - very poor quality. Irish coffee a disgrace - be warned!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I booked this restaurant as I often go to the living room in Manchester and enjoy it. I made the booking back in November and received an email confirmation. I then received a reminded 2 days before we arrived in January. We arrived to be told by a lady there was no red meat tonight as they hadn’t had a delivery. As it was 9:30 on a sat night we decided to still eat here as we wouldn’t get in anywhere else. We sat down in a empty restaurant that was already set up for breakfast. The seats had rips in them that had been sellotaped up. A member of staff came over to advised that there was no food, they don’t serve food in an evening and the error must have been made by open table. He was very apologetic and gave us a free bottle of prosecco but it ruined a hen party that we had all spent a lot of money to attend. If this was the case why didn’t they ring me before hand and give me chance to book somewhere else. Poor service before hand, I’m not sure that the lady was telling me the truth about the red meat and I can’t review the food as we didn’t get any. Complained to the manager by email and have had no response. I won’t be going to any living room establishments ever again. I’ve have chosen one on the above because I couldn’t submit my review without selecting at least one.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Had breakfast here as part of the hotel next door (Grey Street Hotel)

Service was lovely, the waitress on was efficient and went out of her way to get me a decaf coffee... really appreciated and started my day off well.

Breakfast was ok, buffet was well stocked.

Smoked salmon and scrambled egg where just ok... I've had better... I've also had worse.

But the service and the smiles made up for it.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

I arranged to meet a colleague here and when I arrived the few seats that were in the bar were taken......overall it was a very noisy atmosphere and had very little to commend it. With so many other bars in the vicinity I would recommend giving this one a miss!

2  Thank Cfab777