“The Dark Hole Of Calcutta!”
Review of Rooms Inn

Rooms Inn
Somerset
“The Dark Hole Of Calcutta!”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

If you want a nightmare experience then go to Rooms Inn. If you're lucky you'll get some free surprises as well such as woodlice crawling on the bed (something I was greeted with the moment I entered the room!), unclean linen, dirty floors and bathroom. To add to your nightmare experience you'll find the atmosphere of the place and the overall conditions depressing and staff that equals both! Needless to say, I refused to stay and after spending almost one hour trying to get a refund, was denied this and also a receipt by a very arrogant and uncompromising manager. Had to book another hotel and eventually got to bed after 2.00 am. I don't know how they can call this a hotel - IT'S MORE LIKE A HOVEL! THE PLACE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN ON HEALTH AND SAFETY GROUNDS ALONE!!

Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank SMTucket

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Dirty, worse than a third world hotel, staff hopeless manager compared to a chief of police of a third world country, no refund and no receipt this would be a thing for health and safety department as well inland revenue and tourism office of UK to care about this gives a very bad picture how UK is. To finish all the bad coments i could be keep making wouldn't demonstrate how bad this place is

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank ACPires

Travellers are raving about these Newcastle upon Tyne hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Dirty linen, dirty bathrooms, beds used with hair and pillows smelling of hair grease. Also, a woodlice crawling on one of the pillows upon arrival. No receipt upon request after paying and when asked for refund was told gthey only issue frefunds in the mornings. Next morning was refused refund. Manager was rude and arrogant! This hotel is absolutley the worse experience of my life. Eventually booked another hotel and got to bed at 2.00 am in the morning. For the price there are far better quality hotels as we found when we stayed in the second one we booked.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tiago_PT
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2010

nfortunatelly pillowcase was missing from my bedroom (room 139)second bed was twin and not set up , so dirty linen and cover left there for me to see it.
tv did not work, shower not checked from previous usage.
window handle broken,
not much interest by owner reading all this bad reviews , I do work in same business and I
can see how this hotel is managed.not recommended unfortunatelly.

• Stayed August 2010
3 Thank FIANSA
northumberland
Reviewed 31 August 2010

The worst hotel i've ever seen ok 4 what i wanted a bed after a night out that didnt cost the earth but for anything other than a drunken kip avoid at all costs the place is a s***hole

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank goosey1973
stafford
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Rooms inn is by far the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. The bedding and bathroom were clean, the floor in the room was absolutely filthy, Decor and furnishing were totally outdated and totally gross. The whole place stinks of mould and at one area in the main corridor a sky light is broken and cover over with a bit of plastic. The walls are paper thin and we were kept awake all night by someone chatting next door. We ended up giving up and checking out at 4 a.m. This only has one star as I can't submit the review without any at all. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bron1pick
South
Reviewed 25 June 2010

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in.
I am a 19 year old student and was returning from a holiday in Corfu to Newcastle airport, as I needed to stay somewhere the night before travelling back down South to home, I stayed here as it was cheap, as I said before I'm only a student.
The outside of the building at first alarmed me as it was firstly in a rough area and looked like some sort of shabby flat block.
When entering the room itself the decor looked good in the bedroom part, but the carpet, curtains, mirrors were dirty and there was also chewing gum in the kettle, which is revolting.
Furthermore, there were hairs all over the sink in the bathroom and more dried chewing gum on the bathroom floor!
I also had to go down to reception myself to ask for towels which were missing on my arrival, it felt like someone had literally been in the room a few hours before me and they had only bothered to change just the bed linen (which also was not done well).
I eventually received my towels after a few hours, but everything went down hill further.
Next door I could hear a group of men shouting to each other, which was not great as I was tired from travelling that day and also screaming outside from surrounding areas.
I felt very unsafe and remained on the phone to family and friends most of the time, as one of the windows did not shut properly and I am only a 19 year old girl!
The nightmare was in the morning after leaving the hotel, when on the train back home I realised little itchy marks appearing on my legs. These have come right up since I have been at home for the last few days and after going to my doctor, I have been told they are flea bites, as they are all on my legs under the knee and nowhere else. I can confirm that I had absolutely no bites whatsoever when I left Corfu, so I know that these came from Rooms Inn as it was the day after that these itchy bites appeared.
I am so disgusted that I have ended up with around 50 bites on my legs (no exaggeration) when I'm meant to be showing off my nice tan from hoilday.
Thanks very much Rooms Inn for ruining the end of my holiday and please noone stay at this hotel, unless you want poor service, dirt and many, many flea bites!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo