“Amazing...”

Ranked #852 of 1,305 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Excellent authentic food. Good service, plenty of choice for veggies, waiters willing to adapt dishes too. Since I've been here I don't go to any other chinese restaurant!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Been searching for a decent Chinese for ages -(see Rendezvous) -stumbled on this review on Trip,Advisor -immediately booked a table for 1930

Went into town -and were a little early (1845) -but no issues -a very pleasant waitress showed us to a table by the window -with a 'Reserved' label -a very nice touch and really impressed me

Restaurant was mainly families -mostly Chinese -which was encouraging

Waiter was very very polite and genuine -ordered starters and 2 mains/singapore rice -food was Excellent

Price -was as expected and thoroughly enjoyed the meal

Deserves to succeed

Ill be back

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Were going to a show at the Arena and had booked table for 10.00 pm. Staying at Jurys Inn and had decided we wanted somewhere close to it after the show. It was nearer 10.15 when we got to restaurant but the staff had been aware we were going to show so had no problems with that. No other customers in when we arrived - so found the atmosphere a bit surreal - but before we left a good few others arrived. We shared salt and chilli chicken as a starter - glad we shared - it was huge and could easily have done me as a main course. It was delicious. Main courses were both equally as good. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Went to this restaurant as it was close to Jury's Inn hotel and previous reviews. I was not disappointed. The food was very tasty and the service was excellent. The final bill was very good as well. I would go back.

Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

As hotel was near the station, I decided to try the Golden Phoenix as it was handy and the reviews were good, if a little thin on the ground. It is truly excellent. Not worth the trip to China Town, service was very pleasant and the food was fresh and authentic. Menu has one half UK type fair, the other is more unusual and translated into English. The Ma Pro Tufu was outstanding from this second section. Will be back, and I reccomend giving it a try despite the odd location for such a good place.

2  Thank euanpl