“Shhh! One of the Best kept secrets in Newcastle”
Review of Sapori Cafe

Sapori Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I and my daughters have been eating here from day one. Lorenzo make great quality, fresh food and is happy to accomodate (reasonable!) requests. We're all vegetarian and there is a good range of pizzas, pastas, ciabatta sandwiches and salads. My carnivorous friends and family really enjoy the food here too :) Nice place for meeting friends over a cup of tea or coffee, a reasonably priced three course meal or a cheeky take-a-way.

On sunny days you can sit out side and soak up the sun whilst you relax.

1  Thank EleanoreDitchburn
There are newer reviews for Sapori Cafe

Reviewed 4 June 2014

For £4.50 a pizza you would think it would be your run of the mill cheap Italian restaurant that Newcastle is littered with. You would be wrong!

My girlfriend introduced me to this little Italian restaurant (also does takeaways) and I have been hooked ever since, it is the best calzone I have ever tasted. The atmosphere is very informal and I love it. I would recommend booking as it only has a handful of tables and it is getting more popular by the week.

There is an off licence a few doors down as the restaurant is not licensed to sell alcohol and you can enjoy a drink with your food he even provides glasses . They have a huge selection of lovely desserts too, we had the ammaretti cake which was amazingly tasty!

Massive thumbs up to Lorenzo and the staff lovely bunch and just a nice place to eat away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

1  Thank JimJam233344
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Found this cafe by chance,so glad we did it's a real find,super food prepared like home cooking,cooked with passion,the puddings are to die for,home made ameretto cake ,tiramasu , truffle,and more,the pizza is also delicious,the prices are so reasonable,we are hooked ,just hope the don't leave or sell up,

2  Thank james m
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Our first visit last night and we'll be back. Took our own wine which was no problem (they gave us a corkscrew so doesn't have to be screw cap). There's an off licence a few doors down so next time i think we'll just pop in there on the way. I had garlic pizza, riccota and spinach ravioli and coffee and tiramisu. Hubby had potato skins, 4 cheese pizza and chocolate fudge cake. Everything was delicious and the bill was £26. The dips that came with the potato skins were totally lush not the rubbish you get at other places. The chilli dip is worth going for alone. The garlic bread was the soo garlicky I was stinking all night - thats a compliment!! My hubby said the pizza base was the best he'd had in years. Loads of choice for dessert. Lots of veggie choice too which is great for us.

A couple of things though - there was no toilet roll in the loo first time i went (there was the second time) and my hubby would have liked some blue cheese on his four cheese pizza. Not a big deal.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have been visiting Sapori's for nearly seven years and the high standards of serving delicious, authentic and affordable food has yet to drop.

Sapori's quite rightly shy's away from the stereotypical nature of many Italian restaurants in the surrounding area, offering a more unique and genuinely authentic eating experience.

Paired with a warm and welcoming atmosphere I could not recommend this cafe/restaurant higher.