“Excellent little eatery”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent little eatery”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Visited sapori today.dont expect a plush restaurant,this is a cafe.my wife had rigatoni with chicken in a cream sauce which was eaten in record time even though it was piping hot ! I had taglitelle bolognese which was delicious.2 pastas,coffee and a soft drink was £11:35.very reasonable.the desserts also looked very tempting.owner seemed a nice man. Will definitley return.

2 Thank kpaos

Newcastle
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Lovely friendly staff, incredible food, great value and the home made deserts are to die for. A gem of a place, definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great food and great value”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Read the reviews and my wife and I thought we`d give it a try. We fancied trying lesser known local food and not the usual chain stuff.
The taxi driver from the Quay didn`t know it but found it OK. It is walkable from the Quay but uphill and we`d been walking around all day, so we taxi`d up and walked back down.
Lorenzo and his lovely waitress looked after us really well and the food was great. VFM was extremely good and if you want wine, take your own as it`s not licensed.
It`s no posh eatery but if you can face eating in what`s more or less a nice cafe, you`ll be glad you went. The food and service made it very memorable for us.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank WobblyKeith
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shhh! One of the Best kept secrets in Newcastle”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I and my daughters have been eating here from day one. Lorenzo make great quality, fresh food and is happy to accomodate (reasonable!) requests. We're all vegetarian and there is a good range of pizzas, pastas, ciabatta sandwiches and salads. My carnivorous friends and family really enjoy the food here too :) Nice place for meeting friends over a cup of tea or coffee, a reasonably priced three course meal or a cheeky take-a-way.

On sunny days you can sit out side and soak up the sun whilst you relax.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank EleanoreDitchburn
“Great restaurant, even better owner!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

For £4.50 a pizza you would think it would be your run of the mill cheap Italian restaurant that Newcastle is littered with. You would be wrong!

My girlfriend introduced me to this little Italian restaurant (also does takeaways) and I have been hooked ever since, it is the best calzone I have ever tasted. The atmosphere is very informal and I love it. I would recommend booking as it only has a handful of tables and it is getting more popular by the week.

There is an off licence a few doors down as the restaurant is not licensed to sell alcohol and you can enjoy a drink with your food he even provides glasses . They have a huge selection of lovely desserts too, we had the ammaretti cake which was amazingly tasty!

Massive thumbs up to Lorenzo and the staff lovely bunch and just a nice place to eat away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

• Visited June 2014