“Best restaurant in Jesmond”
Review of FIrenze - CLOSED

FIrenze
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have been to Firenze on 4 occasions now, once for Valentines day, twice for Sunday lunch and once for the express lunch menu. On all four occasions the food and service has been fantastic.

The most recent visit was for the express lunch menu, which is 4/5 starters, 5 mains and a couple of deserts. As a 'Friend of Firenze' we were able to have two courses for £4.95 (usually £7.95). The food was delicious, the goats cheese salad starter especially so. I also had the pan seared chicken breast with Diane sauce and chips which were also delicious. I wouldn't hesitate in visiting again without the offer.

Each time I have come away thinking the food was delicious and had more than enough to eat. Definitely a restaurant you should try for yourself.

1  Thank Amy-beth-93

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I visited the restaurant on Thursday 31st July. We were in a group of 12. The restaurant was quite empty and it was not long until we found out why. The waiter and waitress were pleasant enough - however they seem to lack any sort of awareness. The food was very very bland. I ordered a starter of calamari and a main course of pasta with Italian sausage. Whilst the food was presented nicely, the batter on the calamari was quite thick and the squid itself was very chewy. The pasta dish was cooked how it should but the Italian sausage lacked any flavour. Some of my friends ordered the Risotto which tasted of rice flavoured water - it was like the dish was cooked days in prior with no stock. We had to ask for bread as we could not eat the food but the bread was hard and stale. None of the waiting staff asked us how the meal was - most likely because they could tell by our faces. We did feedback to the staff but the waitress half heartedly apologised and that's the last we heard of it. One of the most average Italian restaurants i have ever been to.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I visited this restaurant last Friday evening with my husband and two daughters, we had been sent an email as a Friend of Firenze for 50% off food bill so we grabbed the opportunity to have a family evening out. We went for 5.30 when the restaurant opened, we were promptly seated and the girls were given crayons and a menu that they can colour in which is always a hit! We all had starters, the girls shared a garlic pizza bread, I opted for garlic mushrooms and my husband had the duck pate, all were absolutely delicious! For our main courses the girls had the chicken strips off the children's menu, my youngest asked if she could have mash potato instead of chips, the guy serving us went straight off to check and this was not a problem so she was very happy! Their chicken strips were fantastic and looked like they were home made! I had pasta Amatriciana and my husband had spaghetti Arrabiata both once again were lovely and you did get quite a large portion! The children's menu included an ice cream each and my husband chose the lemon torte for his dessert which he assures me was lovely I was far too full to eat anything else so had a coffee, which we were offered refills on that doesn't happen very often and I think it is a lovely touch. We both had a drink myself a large glass of Rose wine and my husband had a pint of larger, the bill came to £37 with the 50% off which is fantastic value, but even without the discount I would have still found it a very good price for a family of four to eat out. I would highly recommend this restaurant and if you sign up on their website you can get some great offers. I know they do some great offers during the week which is ongoing all the time. So I urge you all to give this restaurant a try it really is a little gem!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Registered to be a "Friend" and been sent weekly deals ever since. This week was 50% off all food and in a nutshell it represented great value; because the food was also very tasy. For 4 of us having 2 courses each and 1 drink each it cost us just short of £50 (and that included Gamberoni starters and Chicken Au Poivre, Salmon Arribiata mains.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Went for a delicious meal here just before moving to Chile for a year (Year Abroad), last meal out in Newcastle and my girlfriend chose Firenze.

The food was absolutely delicious and the service was spot on. I had emailed the restaurant beforehand asking if they had any special offers for the "Friends of Firenze" (definitely worth signing up to!), I got a very prompt response from one of the managers telling me about the 2 dine for £22 deal (also very good - it includes a couple of glasses of wine!)

We both had 2 courses and shared a desert, the bill was very reasonable considering we both had had some fantastic dishes.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Firenze to anybody and I looking forward to returning when I'm back in Newcastle!