“Curry Hell? No!”

Rupali Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Second trip to this popular curry house and once again a great meal enjoyed by all four of us. As a little challenge we decided to try a half portion of the "Curry Hell" challenge between us. We couldnt manage more than a small mouthfull each before suffering very badly! you really need to think carefully before attempting the full on challenge! It was fun though!

1  Thank john_ramsey_1962

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Went with teenage daughter. My main had pan fried fish which was lovely and really spicy. My daughter had a biryani which was quite nice. For 2 mains, 2 drinks and one desert it was £30 which is a lot for a curry house. Staff quite nice but no atmosphere - feels like a hotel lobby!

1  Thank oozeworthypayana
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very disappointing, the whole placed looked run down, the staff were not particularly friendly, my husband tried to speak to the waiter about how we used to go there a lot but he wasn't interested even though there was only one other couple in the restaurant. The food was very ordinary, they had no house wine and when we settled the bill my husband queried what we thought was an overcharge only to be told at that late stage my husband should not have selected a "special chef's" meal - that was extra. He should have told us when we were ordering. We won't be going back.

2  Thank Flysun123
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Recently visited with the family on a Living Social voucher. Food and service were good and was good value for money for the extras .

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We went hear after someone from our family recommended it to us, My partner loves Indian food but always makes me have an upset stomach and I must say it was the best Indian food I have ever had so much so I have booked in to a hotel for our anniversary so I can take him back there. If you are in Newcastle and love Indian food the is the place to go. Be warned stay away from the curry hell. They will give you a tester if you like that sort of thing. Happy Indian