“canny curry”

Rupali Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 15 April 2014

been there few times always good food and service . prices ok . dont try curry hell unless you got death wish , you get it free if ya eat lot

2  Thank david h

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Tried plenty other local indians and this 1 is my favourite. The staff are friendly the food is always fantastic and the price is reasonable. My wife and I will not use anywhere else now.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

After a night out in town , me and a few friends found ourselves in desperate need of food. This was the first place we stumbled upon, and if I'm honest, I though the entrance looked a bit ropey, but once you are upstairs and in the actual restaurant it is fine.
NOt a huge amount I can say about the place, other than my Lamb Dopiaza was very good, as was the garlic naan, and my friends who went for Chicken Madras, and Chicken Dopiaza enjoyed theirs too.
With a couple of drinks each the total bill was £55 for 3 of us, well worth it.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I visited in January with a friend and really enjoyed my visit. It was the best Indian food I've ever had.

1  Thank Kelly O
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The first time we visited this restaurant it was amazing, the second time it was so so, they had no chips or mushrooms!! Due to our first experience we thought we would give it another go. Sorry but never again. We arrived on a night out with family who had all travelled from Hartlepool for a good meal and a night out. It was 2 of our party's birthdays that weekend. We arrived at the restaurant to find they had no licence to sell alcohol (which we didn't have a problem with) they didn't have any music playing and the staff sat in the corner as there where no customers but us. We ordered soft drinks which they had minimal selection of, upon ordering we were told they didn't even have the soft drinks we were originally offered! What we were served was flat and expensive. We then tried to give waiter our food order, unfortunately, he didn't really have a clue and couldn't understand what we were saying. He then wandered off to and we watched as he couldn't even decipher what he had wrote down. This was the final straw we paid for our drinks and left. It was a real shame as this place was a little gem on our first visit but really gone down the pan.