“Brilliant night!”
Review of Luigikhan's

Luigikhan's
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Relaxed Authentic Punjabi Dining
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our party of five had an excellent meal here on Friday night and I would highly recommend to anyone. Excellent food and service the Lamb jalfrezi was particularly good. We will be visiting again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Best Curry ever :-) Great atmosphere, curry really tasty. Was made to feel very welcome and the waiters were very helpful. Didn't have too long to wait for meal, however, make sure you leave room for desert ! I have been twice now and will return once I have told all my friends how good it is!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Upon arriving I was looking for the restaurant entrance which is the same entrance as the adjoining hotel. A large wooden door, not ideal as it should have its own entrance but it is what is. The decor is modern maybe to modern but then again it may just be me. Quite dark, golden frames on wall with no pictures luminous tubes on the bar but hey its all about the food. We were seated straight away as there was not many people in. I ordered my usual chicken & lamb starters followed by chicken karahi and rice for main. Waiters seemed to disappear when I wanted another drink or kept walking past when I tried to call him over. Rather strange considering it was quiet. Anyway the starters were decent i've had better & had worst. The same can be said for the mains except the rice which was nice and tasty. Overall maybe worth a punt if your around but nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Well worth a little trip up Westgate Road; look out for the Ryokan Great Western Hotel; not necessarily the best recommendation in a less than welcoming area but Luigikhans is where it is and ' is what it is'. The restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel has had serious money spent on it and i think it has been worthwhile. The decor creates an intimate, comfortable atmosphere enhanced by the friendly and helpfull staff. After an excellent vegetarian meal at Prashad (Drighlington) last week I went for a comparison with a Chaat Samosa starter and an aubergine and potato main: both were very good -Chaat a little sweet. Portions were substantial; good for some but dangerous for me as I got drawn in to sampling/finishing off lamb and fish starters and more lamb and prawn mains. I can confirm that they were all of a very good standard- getting totally stuffed was my own fault-more self inflicted pain.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Having been to this restaurant before and experienced the superb Indian cuisine that they have we thought that it was time to go back and have another excellent meal. We were delighted that the meal was even better than we remembered from the last time we were there. Overall it is a big thumbs up !!!! and look forward to going back there again...