“Excellent”
Review of Luigikhan's

Luigikhan's
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Relaxed Authentic Punjabi Dining
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just been here based on the trip advisor reviews. Comfortably one of the best curry restaurants Ive ever been to. Beautiful surroundings, great service and food was fantastic. The starters were some of the best I've had, the only slight criticism I had was that the curry was slightly too oily but please go. Ignore the negative reviews and see for yourself.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Newcastle is still a bit of a a desert for good Indian food, but this was a true oasis. Odd site and name ( is it Japanese / Italian / Indian) but food and service excellent. Some unusual lamb and other dishes as well as the usual favourites. Large portions, clever spice mixes and very pleasant staff. For four of us with popadoms/pickles, one drink each, curry, rice and nans and salad and two kulfis the bill was a reasonable £18. I would definitely recommend to others

Reviewed 16 July 2014

no cons all pros, amazing menu, a lot of different obscure in a good way choices, great value portion to price ratio, but still so many good flavours, waiter offered really good knowledge about the dishes. So I was able to try something I have never had before. Well done more of the same please.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have visited Luigikhan's several times now, the food and service are excellent. As far as I am concerned there is no better place in Newcastle for a Balti that is brimming with flavor and full of fresh herbs and spices. I will be back, as someone once said. :-)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went here whilst working in the area on recommendation of my TA app. I was starting to think that Newcastle had no decent curries to offer. How wrong I was! Had liver tikka to start. Dare I say it was the best I've ever had. Oh he'll yes, even better than Akbars, and theirs is 1st class. Had lamb achari for the main which again was absolutely top drawer. Now I will drive a long long way for a good curry. I live 130 miles from Newcastle where you struggle to get a bad curry and I would (will) drive here just to sample the delights of Luigikhan's again. Of the hundreds of Indian/Pakistani meals (most Indian restaurants are in fact owned and run by Pakistanis) I've had over the years, this is right up there with the very best. In fact, right up there with my number one, Abdul's. And that as anyone who knows a curry will tell you is the best curry in the whole world!! (I promise, it is). Yep, it was quite nice (-;