“Always worth a visit or 2 !”

Fujiyama Restaurant
Ranked #170 of 1,267 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: US$15 - US$51
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fujiyama Teppanyaki Restaurant is the first and original teppanyaki restaurant established in Newcastle Upon Tyne. It first opened it's doors to the public in 1997. ​ It is the perfect venue for entertaining clients you need to impress or to celebrate special occasions such as a birthday or a hen/stag night. ​ All customers have their own highly trained personal chef for the duration of the meal. Once you are taken to your table, the raw ingredients of your meal will shortly arrive and the chef will prepare and cook your meal on the hotplate surface, right in front of you. The food is delivered to you sizzling fresh. ​ Our menu is extensive, accommodating both carnivores and herbivores. Many customers opt for one of our set banquets which are perfectly compiled to leave a pleasant feeling of satisfaction, not too much and not too little. Alternatively you may wish to customise and create you own meal by selecting starters from the appetisers menu and main courses from the ala carte menu, and some may even brave it to our sushi page.
East Boldon
“Always worth a visit or 2 !”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Food always fresh, staff always lovely and helpful, kids love it so what more could you want !

Visited January 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Very entertaining and delicious food.”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Had a great time at my sisters birthday meal, catching eggs in hats and playing with our food (usually frowned upon), but the chef was entertaining and funny, and cooked up a great meal. Thoroughly enjoyed by all. A great experience.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“good atmosphere shame about the food”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

a very entertaining night but the food was frankly garbage, If I am paying this kind of money I expect fantastic food but in truth it was not very good, I had steak which was tough and tastless. I tried the Lobster nwhich was also tough. The restaurant was shabby the toilets in need of TLC. All in all the price was way over the top for such a poor delivery. Our local takeaway serves better

• Visited December 2011
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Excellent service! Excellent food!”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I went to this restaurant for my 21st birthday with my family, and it was brilliant! When we were seated at the table my camera ran out of batteries, on the off chance I asked the waitress if they had any spare batteries and 5 minutes later I was given some! I didn't expect to be given any, and I especially didn't expect there to be no charge! We all had banquet meals, and the food was prepared in front of you. All fresh ingredients (the lobster was still moving when it was laid out waiting for the chef to come). The chef was hilarious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant!!!! Although I would go in a group, we had the table to ourselves and I think that was what made it so much fun!

• Visited July 2011
gateshead
“fabulous”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Visited this place few times now always have great time.service food and energy lifts you.From young children to the very old everyone special and treated like royalty.if you havnt been go on and give it a try. Came away stuffed.even my husband struggled with the amount of food.praise indeed

• Visited November 2011