“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Olive and Bean

Olive and Bean
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been to Olive and Bean on several occasions now as I live locally.
Everytime I have been the food has been so nice! The bread is always fresh and soft and the fillings always so tasty.
The cakes are amazing also - so much selection.

There is a great atmosphere too!

I'm looking forward to going back soon as I want to try the afternoon tea - it looks amazing.

I would highly recmomend for a nice lunch or just a cake and coffee/tea.

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
“worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I won't say it's incredibly good, but it's worth a visit. The place is nice, and the afternoon tea is a great deal for 2 people to share.
The one point loss is because of the food. The scorns crumbled easily, so it was difficult to apply the cream and jam on. The desserts were way too sweet, making it difficult to finish... BTW, you can ask for vegetarian afternoon tea.

• Visited April 2014
“Small tables big flavours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We have ate here as a group a few times & have never been disappointed by the food or service. It does get very busy so have had to wait for a table before but definitely worth the wait. There are a good range of sandwiches to chose from which come with a fresh salad & kettle crisps. On my most recent visit I had soup with a scone which was great value for money & really tasty. The only issue was we were on a low table so it was difficult to eat the soup and as we'd waited to be sat we couldn't move elsewhere. I'll definitely have the soup & scone again as it kept me going all day.

Bangkok
“A sandwich menu not to be beaten”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My daughter took us here recently for lunch. I don't think I have ever seen such an extensive menu selection for sandwiches ever..... wow. it was amazing. Not your usual boring sandwiches. Large portions and really good coffee...Service was good and the staff didn't hurry you along either despite being very busy.
We each had a different platter selection and none of us could finish. Great place to relax and eat.
Could have spent a fortune in their little shop downstairs. Such great names for some of the packets of coffee.
Will be visiting again on our next trip to Newcastle.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent breakfast platters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed my first visit to the olive and bean today following a recommendation. Had never been before as I just didn't realise it was there, however I will 100% be returning. It's got lovely interior with a small shop at the entrance where you can buy teas and jams. Both my friend and I decided to sample the breakfast platters, she tried the continental and I had a healthy option. I was given a bowl of porridge, maple syrup, pot of fruit, toast with butter and jam, glass of juice and a pot of tea to top it off. It was beautiful and I left feeling completely satisfied.