“Disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Butterfly Cabinet
Ranked #109 of 1,243 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newcastle
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I have visited the butterfly many times over the past few years. I used to love it and always recommended it to friends etc. Unfortunately the past two visits have been disappointing not the food but the service from staff. The first occasion my friend complained about her meal and the waitress was rude basically accusing her of lying but then took it off the bill anyways . I feel she made a huge scene and embarrassed my friend for no reason. The second and most recent time I went as a group of 5 for some beautiful hangover curing grub. We arrived at it was raining outside we were the first in the queue to wait to be seated no one behind us and the waitress asked us to wait for our table outside !!! I was outraged and refused to do so I wouldn't of minded if it was sunny but it was wet and cold. More importantly we weren't causing a problem standing in the doorway at all. I feel the butterfly cabinet is a popular place to eat but the service has let it down. The staff don't care about annoying and upsetting customers as the good food offered means as it's always busy so it doesn't make a difference to business.

5 Thank Morganity1994

Belfast
“Amazing Breakfast - Worth the Wait! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My friends and I went here on Sunday and we had to wait over 35 minutes to get a table, but it was well worth it! I couldn't believe that people were actually queuing to get in but once we got our breakfast I see why!

The breakfasts are lovely and a really good selection, the eggs were cooked to perfection and the food itself was of excellent quality

I would recommend here for breakfast and I am sure the rest of the day would be brilliant as well

1 Thank Expert123
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Live music in a great setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Cracking performances tonight by some of the North east's most talented singer songwriters. As always, the butterfly didn't disappoint. I hope these evenings become more regular. Local beer and local talent; shame it's not always open at night. It would definately be my local!

1 Thank MrTboneturner
“Leon's Belting Butterfly Birthday Bash”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

40 family and close friends in a great venue, top bait and super atmos, booked out only for us that evening
Staff did a tremendous job matching all orders to the guests
Made it a really memorable 40th
Hats off Simon and his team

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LeonXC
NEWCASTLE
“Lovely lunch visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our first visit from a recommendation and what a lovely relaxed visit we had. The bistro is very quirky and has a great vibe. We ate burgers which were nicely cooked and the portion size was good. Lovely milkshake too. Will defo be back.

Visited May 2014