“A lovely Sunday visit”
Review of Leila Lily's

Leila Lily's
Ranked #236 of 1,351 Restaurants in Newcastle upon Tyne
Price range: £10 - £60
Description: Our award-winning rosette bar & restaurant, Leila Lily’s, is an opulent and refined venue situated on the iconic Grey Street in the heart of Newcastle City Centre. Serving elevated plates, Leila Lily’s offers an extensive menu range including starters ideal for grazing, elegant main courses, and delicately assembled desserts. Leila Lily’s prides itself on serving visionary, reimagined British food which is meticulously and locally sourced. Our cocktails are crafted with passion and attention from our team bringing you seasonal, and lesser-known ingredients – the most sublime collection of classic cocktails and modern creations. Leila Lily’s is the perfect location for guests seeking a high-end, well-rounded experience. With its floral interior, garlands and flourishes of greenery Leila Lily’s creates the ultimate backdrop for any occasion.
Reviewed 14 August 2022

This was my first visit to Leila Lily's and I was not disappointed. We were meant to be a party of 5, but for various reasons it ended up as just 2 of us, but this did not concern the staff, who were very friendly and welcoming.
We went for the 3 course Sunday lunch, and everything was very good. We had Tempura Broccoli and Yakatori Chicken Skewers to start. Both were excellent. We both then plumped for the lamb, which came with a delicious assortment of sides, all of which were cooked perfectly. For dessert, we went for the Eton Mess, which was beautifully presented, and the flavours matched the appearance! My friend is Coeliac, and had no trouble finding Gluten Free options on the menu.
We steadily worked our way through the cocktail menu, ending up with 6 each (we were there for several hours, I hasten to add!), and they were all inventive, original, and delicious!
A special mention must go to our waitress, Vanshika, who was an absolute delight - attentive, friendly, and professional. She really helped make our visit a pleasure and is a credit to the restaurant.
I should also mention that the restaurant is clean, comfortable and attractively decorated, with nice seating areas, and clean and spacious toilets.
All in all, we had a thoroughly nice time, and will definitely be back!

1  Thank JH2711
themalhotragroup, Owner at Leila Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review! We are over the moon to hear that you are pleased with you service and experience whilst dining with us! We will certainly pass on these lovely comments to the team! We appreciate all the amazing comments you have given to us and we hope to be welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 August 2022 via mobile

I booked up for a hen do and was absolutely not disappointed. The staff were accommodating someone who needed to drop out, they were attentive to us and our needs while we were having cocktails and awaiting all our guests arriving. Luckily the hen do fell on restaurant week which was 2 courses for £15 and 3 courses for £20. The venue is gorgeously decorated and really stylish. The food was stunning I have salt and pepper cauliflower (gutted I didn’t take a pic to remember it) it was so delicious and a good portion. My main was pork fillet with tempura broccoli and the dessert was sticky toffee pudding with caramelised banana. The food honestly highly recommend I will definitely be going again. Thanks so much Chelsea and the team we all had such a good time.

Date of visit: August 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing review Rachel! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us and we appreciate all the lovely comments you have given to us! We will pass on these wonderful comments onto the team! We hope to be welcoming you back very soon to try more of our dishes and cocktails!

Reviewed 2 August 2022

We was greeted by a lovely lady who was polite and showed us to our table. The bar is truly beautiful! HOWEVER I got over charged and then when I asked why I had been over charged he made out I was lying and that he stated what he said earlier was correct which he didn't. I don't appreciate someone lying when I clearly remember what he said about the prices of drinks earlier on. No apology, nothing. It really put a damper on the whole experience then. So just be careful when they ask you to pay and how much.

Date of visit: August 2022
themalhotragroup, Owner at Leila Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2022

Thank you for leaving your review. We appreciate all feedback to improve our customer experience. I’d like to express my sincerest apologies for the unintentional experience that you have received whilst dining with us.
If you are able to contact info@leilalilys.co.uk we will be able to run a full investigation as to what went wrong on our part during your visit.

Reviewed 1 August 2022 via mobile

Visited Leila Lily’s at the weekend for Sunday dinner, and my partner & I were very impressed. The prawn & crayfish starter was delicious, and so was my partners nduja scotch egg. Mains were gorgeous and portions plentiful, lots of lovely fresh veg and the meat was very well cooked. The Yorkshire puddings were absolutely lush as-well. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, the only slight criticism would be that the pepper mills on the table barely worked & were a nightmare to use, and I LOVE black pepper 😂. Other than that everything was perfect 🤩 will defo visit again!

Date of visit: July 2022
The Malhotra Group, Owner at Leila Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, and we appreciate all the feedback you have given to improve our customers experience! We are sorry to hear about the issue you had and we will look into this! We hope to be welcoming you back to dine with again soon! 😊

Reviewed 13 July 2022 via mobile

First visit here and we’ll definitely come back! Beautiful interior, extremely friendly and welcoming staff and beautiful food with the best cocktail menu in town.
We booked in for Sunday lunch. You get plenty of food for a reasonable price. The quality of the food was spot on.
If you like a good cocktail, this place has plenty of choice. Might make multiple visits to try every one!
Highly recommend. Can’t wait to go back.

Date of visit: July 2022
themalhotragroup, Owner at Leila Lily's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review Rebecca! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and cocktails we have to offer! We hope to be welcoming you back to try more of our cocktails! 😊