and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Ladyboys of bankok”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed over for one night only, staff very helpful!
They let us stay in the bar untill the very small hours of the next morning! Very quiet and a short taxi ride away from the bars and clubs. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Millennium-Bridge-PI, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millenium Bridge. The team are always happy to get such postitive feedback, I will pass your comments on.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Claire Holder
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Decided to use this Premier Inn as a stop off from Edinburgh back to the Midlands on our holiday break for just one night. Located in a good place near the quayside with just a short walk to the bars and city. The girl on the desk advised me on the "great night's sleep policy".

We went into our room and the window was open, curtains shut and a fan was operating to cool the room. The room was really clean and nicely decorated. We showered and walked into the city to have an evening meal, noticing on our way back that there was a Premier Inn even closer right on the quayside in the town.

Once back at the hotel, we settled down for a good night's sleep. Although my husband slept quite well, unfortunately I did not. As we settled down for the night we heard running footsteps in the corridor. I woke up at 1.30 a.m. as I was so hot. I put the fan on but the noise from that kept me disturbed all night and I tossed and turned. The room temperature said 25 degrees, and although we turned the thermostat down, the room still stayed hot.

Upon check-out I decided to let the staff know I had hardly slept. At first no-one was on reception and I was wandering if to just leave and not say anything. However, a man appeared and was friendly. I politely told him of the night I'd had and without any qualms, he offered me a refuned. Within 5 minutes we had the full amount back and even comments that they encouraged feedback, whether good or bad. So thanks to David for being so co-operative as I hate having to complain.

If I'd stayed anywhere else and not slept, I wouldn't have been able to do this, so although I had to complain - everything else about the hotel was excellent, service included. It has not put me off using a Premier Inn.

Room Tip: There's a Premier Inn a little nearer to the Quay and Town if you want to use that and not have...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bellagio080
Northampton
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed for 3 nights, whilst the Newcastle bridges festival was on. Have stayed here before and just think it's a great Premier Inn located in a great place just a short walk from the quayside. From the time you arrive at the hotel the staff make you feel welcome, and as usual the Premier Inn logo is good, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peterb44
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Stayed for a long weekend when we went to a music festival at the Sage, which is a 10 to 15 minute walk away over the Millennium Bridge.
No frills but the rooms are clean and functional, the staff are helpful and friendly - as others have already said.
Same standard as other Premier Inns with the 'Great Night's sleep guarantee' and the 'all you can eat' breakfast buffer which is good with plenty of choice.
Free parking, which is unusual so near to a city centre.
If you're on a budget I recommend this hotel. We will certainly stay here again

Room Tip: All rooms have good double glazing so you don't need to worry about road noise unless you like t...
1 Thank DeltaMike20
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed here in February for one night and loved it, so went back for 3 nights this week. We had asked for a view of the river, and were allocated 2 lovely rooms on the top floor, with a nice view. Unfortunately the rooms were very hot, despite a fan, and the window only opened a couple of inches for safety reasons. I have had asthma occasionally in the past, although I don't consider myself a suffer at such, but the heat and humidity made it very difficult for me to breathe. We were imediately provided with a second fan, and loads of ice, which we were told to put in front of the fans to cool the air, but it was so hot that the ice just melted in minutes. The wall thermostat was registering 28 degrees by this point, but I got the impression that was as high as it would go, as I'm sure it was much hotter. We were then offered the use of a mobile air con unit, which did make things more comfortable, but we couldn't leave it on overnight as it was so noisy, and we couldn't watch tv, as we couldn't hear it! The staff were amazing though, my husband was backwards and forwards to reception all evening, and each time they were really apologetic and offering all the help they could, and said they'd refund us that night under the good night guarantee. The following morning we asked if there was any part of the building which may be cooler, and the housekeeping manager found us some rooms on the ground floor, and we moved. These rooms were still hot, but not as stifling, and we managed for the next 2 nights with just a fan. Apart from the heat, which wasn't the hotel's fault at all, everything about this hotel is excellent....the beds are huge and extremely comfortable, the linen is beautifully soft, unlike the starched stuff you get in some chains. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, the location, which is set slightly back from the quayside is ideal. Susan on reception, Dean, and the housekeeping manager (didn't catch her name) were absolute stars. I may avoid the summer months, be we will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MSDerbyshire
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2012

All the staff were very friendly and helpful, the location was great for the quayside, only a short walk to the millennium bridge. the food was good (had the £22 meal deal) very good value. breakfast was self service, which I personally prefer, you can have as little or as much as you want.
We would definately stay again.

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2012

stayed here in July 2012 and found it relatively easily, we got train into Newcastle Central Station and just headed for quayside and past the premier inn, headed towards Millenium Bridge and just before it walked up a hill past a car park and it was at top of hill on other side of City Road, we were only there 2 nights but found it good for everything we had to do, about than 10 minutes walk from City Centre

The hotel was your usual premier inn, check in was good and the room was ready, clean and comfortable, we were at the back of the hotel and the only slight problem was the chimes of a clock every hour through the night.

I would hesitate to go back or recommend this hotel