Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed for one night on 19th October. We paid £39 for the room. It was comfortable and clean. we didn't have much of a view as the room overlooked what appeared to be a electricity sub station but that wasn't a issue as far as we were concerned. we found it to be a quiet location. The staff were friendy and it was close to where we needed to be so ticked all the right boxes. i'm not certain i would pay full price but if you can get a room at £39 i would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raspberryduchess
Millennium-Bridge-PI, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. If you do come again please give us a call to request a river view room. We will always try to honour all room requests.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Operations Manager

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel

Reviewed 22 October 2012

A weekend stay, with some old college friends.Staff were very friendly, helpful and obliging. Breakfast and dinner were very good. Very close to the Millennium bridge and the Quayside walk, and not far from the City centre.Road noise was a slight problem as we like the windows open at night. Only real downside were some of the clients, young lads on a Saturday night disturbing our meal and then, coming back late at night. Perhaps a bouncer could be employed for rowdy nights.

Room Tip: Lovely view at the front, possibly less traffic noise at the back.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Felicity F

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millenium Bridge. Your positive comments regarding the team are always greatly appreciated.

We do increase number of team members at the weekends and put into place weekend procedures to control the internal noise. However, on this occasion it appears that it was not as effective as usual for which I apologise. I have passed on your comments to the team and we are looking into further solutions for this issue.

I hope that this does not put you off staying with us again and hopefully see you back at the hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stay here frequently for business as I have contacts in the area.
The staff have always been lovely, the food and drink always good, and the rooms always
clean...until my most recent visit.

The staff were great, service still good, but the bathroom of my room was disgusting. Stale faeces 'decorated' the toilet bowl, and someone had previously been sick in the sink prior to my stay as it hadn't been cleaned properly and there were still 'flakes' around the basin and plughole.

Had I arrived very early in the day or prior to my book-in time I wouldn't have minded so much, however as I arrived around 5pm I did expect my room to be clean and ready.

As I've always had very pleasant stays at this hotel, I can only assume they've hired a new cleaner who isn't very thorough.

Yes,I,ll be back, the location and staff are great (the staff really are wonderful, the most pleasant Premier Inn staff I've ever encountered) - but I'll be calling in at the supermarket on my way to pick up some bathroom cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Millennium-Bridge-PI, General Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millenium Bridge.

I was upset to hear that the cleanliness of the bedroom was not up to the usual standards. Cleanliness of the rooms and the comfort of our guests is something we do pride ourselves on at the hotel and I apologise that this has been overlooked on this occasion.

Please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our Housekeeper who, together with myself is committed to ensuring that the full team delivers high standards.

Thank you again for your feedback and I would be happy to discuss this matter further if you would like to contact me.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We have stayed at a number of different hotels in numerous cities but the Premier Inn Millennium Bridge Hotel in Newcastle upon Tyne is one of our favourite. The staff are unfailingly friendly, cheerful and helpful; the rooms are comfortable, clean and well-serviced and the food served in the restaurant is always of a very good standard. Our particularly favourite meal is breakfast - wide choice, hot and well cooked - definitely something to look forwards to. The hotel is ideally situated in the centre of the city and yet with a wide vista overlooking the Tyne. Excellent choice.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Millennium-Bridge-PI, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time write such lovely comments, we really do appreciate the feedback. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Newcastle and the Hotel again very soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

A party of 3 couples visited Newcastle for the first time to attend a wedding. As the night time do was at the Cumberland Arms in Byker we chose to stay at this Premier Inn. The hotel was the usual Premier Inn clean, well run, a bit to hot in places. What made it stand out to us was the staff. They were to a person the most efficent and friendly hotel staff we have ever come across. Everyone was a credit to the hotel and to Newcastle we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012

It is always lovely to hear such nice comments regarding the team and service you received, We were delighted to get your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and Newcastle very soon.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I have stayed in many Premier Inns and as usual they do not disappoint.

Staff here (and other premier inns) display some of the best customer service I have experienced anywhere, and nothing is too much trouble.

Room is clean and was serviced during our stay.

10 Minutes walk to the Quayside and appx 20 minutes walk to Eldon Square.

Great Location for free parking and if you prefer not to be right in the centre of town.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crazisheep
Millennium-Bridge-PI, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time and leaving such nice comments regarding your recent stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millenium Bridge. I will pass your comments on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

This is on a pretty busy road but we were at the front and had no problem with traffic noise with the window open. The location is very good. It's not exactly central but it is a very short, and not unpleasant stroll to various bars and restaurants. The television wasn't as up to date as in other PI locations but that wasn't a huge problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millenium Bridge, I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.