“A good deal but a bit worn”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel
Oslo, Norway
“A good deal but a bit worn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at quite a few Premier Inns and they are usually a pretty good deal. This one seemed a bit worn even though the rooms are quite clean. We had some very noisy neighbours shouting outside in the corridor- not very nice (but I do of course realise the this was not the hotel's fault). The receptionists were nice and friendly.
The location is not the best. It's a 15-20 min walk into town. Be sure to go by the quayside if you're walking. It's so much nicer than the main road. There are also quite a few nice places to eat along the quay if you don't want to go all the way into town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Millennium-Bridge-PI, Manager at Premier Inn Newcastle City Centre (Millennium Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millenium Bridge.

I appreciate your feed back on the hotel and I was sorry to hear that you experienced noise from other guests during your stay. Please accept my apologies.

I hope that you will continue to use Premier Inn again in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Catania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I have lodged there in occasion of a stay in Newstle for a Conference at University of Northumbria. The location is perfect both for turistic or academic travels. The rooms are very comfortable especialy the bed. There is included in tarif 30 minutes of wifi service. The breakfast was very good. A vast variety of good food to start the day in a brilliant eat

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Premier Inn.

I was pleased to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one and that all your needs were met. I do hope that you managed to see some of the city while you were in Newcastle as well as attending your conference.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Newcastle again in the future.

Cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Good location, great views, comfy beds, good car parking. Very close to all amenities, the only downside is getting in and out of the city- lousy directions could do with a decent map or up to date sat-nav

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding you recent stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millennium Bridge.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it met your needs.

I was sorry that you had difficulty navigating through the city centre, I will pass you comments on to our head office to look at the website directions.

I do hope that you will choose to stay here again in the near future.

Malton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

a nice and clean room, good staff , on site food and drinks a great help to us as we were tired when arrived , these were very good quality and price.would deff stay here again as close to Sage for us

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Premier Inn.

I was pleased to hear that the hotel met your needs after a tiring day.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this Premier Inn and I must say it was an excellent experience. There is car parking both outdoors and undercover. Reception is on the first floor level and there are stairs or a very accommodating lift when you enter the main doors. The welcome in reception was genuine and friendly we knew the check-in time was 2pm and arriving at 12 we were going to ask if it was ok to leave the car and were pleasantly surprised when the charming young man said he had a room ready and we could go there straight away. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean and the bathroom was so immaculate it could have been new. We dined there in the evening and both the staff and the food were excellent, fast and efficient but with some friendly banter and kindly taking some photographs for us we enjoyed a very pleasant evening.
From our personal experience we give the staff 100% and would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Newcastle and stay near the Quayside and the Millennium Bridge which is only a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and the team looked after you very well. We do value all the feedback that we get and I thank you for such positive comments.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here with 9 friends for a stag do. We stayed in a different Premier Inn on our last trip to Newcastle so we knew what to expect. The hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from the city centre, which meant it was relatively quiet at night and you can get a decent sleep on the comfy beds. We didn't spend a great deal of time at the hotel (we were only in Newcastle for about 36 hours) so it would be unfair to say it is poor or fantastic, but it did the job we needed it to do.

One negative thing I would say about Premier Inn in general is the fact you have to pay for breakfast, even if you are paying around £45 a night for a room as we each did. On the first morning, I went down for the continental breakfast at £5.25. I figured I'd pay this anyway at any café in the city so to save the wait, I thought I may as well. Now, for me, a couple of pieces of toast has to be had with a fry-up. I didn't know this wasn't included and no sooner did I have the bread in the toaster that I was told (rather bluntly, it has to be said) by a member of the breakfast team that I would have to pay an additional £3. Had I known this, I wouldn't have bothered. The food itself was very nice though.

This incident aside, I enjoyed my stay. The bar staff were fantastic banter and for this reason we started each of our two nights out in the hotel bar (I'm not convinced the coin and lemon challenge is possible!). I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Second floor is the top floor, so no footsteps above you at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your feedback regarding you recent stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millennium Bridge.

I am glad that you enjoyed your weekend and had an enjoyable stay with us.

I would like to apologise for the toast incident, of course toast is included in a continental breakfast and I am sorry that you were told otherwise. I have since spoken to all team members to ensure that an incident of this nature does not happen again.

Stirling, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stay in lots of different Premier Inns throughout the UK and this was very average. Room was OK, but the food was not up to the standard usually provided at a Premier Inn. Only 5 minutes walk from the Millennium Bridge and 20 minutes to the city centre. A bus is also available from the quayside every 10 minutes. The hotel is next to a church, where the bells chime on the hour i.e. 6 o'clock equals 6 rings. Not good if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Premier Inn Newcastle Millennium Bridge.

All feedback is greatly appreciated so we can ensure that we deliver the best experience to our guests as possible. I am sorry that you felt this Premier Inn did not live up to other Premier Inn Standards.

If you would like to give me more detailed feedback please contact me on the below number, however I do hope that you will chose to stay with Premier Inn again.

01912326533