“Disgraceful”

Jesmond Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Jesmond Grill Steak House,Bar and Private Dining, Sandyford/Jesmond Newcastle upon Tyne. open late evenings, happy hour lunch and early bird offers (steak and pizza pasta or risotto deals)Halal and vegetarian diets catered for. Open Monday to Saturday 12pm - 2.30pm lunch and 5pm until late evenings. Student and child friendly
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked a table for my husband and myself as I heard it was something well worth trying. Never in my life have I been so disgusted in the service and manner and the staff, but more so of the manager! My started took way too long, our steaks were served cold and had a few hairs and the waitress forgot out sides. After I thought it couldn't get any worse the manager himself served me a COLD COFFEE! I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for some what of service

3  Thank Sarahlizr

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I have know this restaurant since it was Cafe Med, and have never really had any problems until my recent visit. Upon arrival we discovered it had changed its name... They seem very 'offer orientated' and it looks like the prices have rocketed to accommodate the amount of discount coupons/cards they have bought in to.

Ordered muscles for starter which arrived still closed. Asked for some new ones and got the same ones warmed up. Steaks are over priced and just average. And £3.00 for a steak sauce? Really?

Staff are lovely bit I preferred it when it was Cafe Med. If it's not broke - Don't fix it.

1  Thank NewcastlePeople
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went with a discount voucher and had 2 rib-eye steaks and chips, and a bottle of house red with 25% off.
The steaks were good quality meat, well cooked as ordered, with good chunky chips - the wine was a young Spanish garnacha, and surprisingly good for a house red - very drinkable and much better than the usual plonk!
The young staff were friendly and helpful, coping well with a loud-mouthed, bullying, boorish customer who seemed intent on ruining everybody else's evening - I assume that this loser was a one-off, and wouldn't stop me going back as you get them everywhere sadly!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Excellent steak and really good meal. Service ok, mixed up the steaks and had to ask twice for the mustard but other than that a good night out.,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We went with a living social voucher which entitled us to 2x 10oz rib eye steaks and chips. When we arrived they took the voucher from me. We looked through the menu and seen the rib eye steaks, which were priced at £16 each. I then asked if we wanted a different steak would it be ok to pay the difference? .....to which the reply was, "yes you just pay the excess". We have used vouchers elsewhere in the past and this seems standard practice. We fancied the fillet steak which was priced at £22 each. A difference of £6 per meal. When we got the bill the extra charge was £16 instead of £12. When we questioned this cost the waiter said that this was the excess charge as the cash value of the voucher was only £8 per person. Where as we had been told we were entitled to a steak which had a value of £16. When we mentioned this was a sly trick, he said that it was our fault as we didnt confirm the actual excess price with him, even though he only found out how much to charge us via a text message with his boss. I dont know how the customers are supposed to knowcthe costs, when the staff only know the prices via text message.

The food was good, fillet steak cooked perfectly rare. Peppercorn sauce wasnt so good. Very watery tastless brown liquid. Looked liked it had been microwaved.

Setting is ok for a quick bite to eat, wouldnt go there for a special occasion.

3  Thank David S