“Don't bother going to McDonald's would be better!! Says it all...”
Review of Jesmond Grill Restaurant - CLOSED

Jesmond Grill Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Jesmond Grill Steak House,Bar and Private Dining, Sandyford/Jesmond Newcastle upon Tyne. open late evenings, happy hour lunch and early bird offers (steak and pizza pasta or risotto deals)Halal and vegetarian diets catered for. Open Monday to Saturday 12pm - 2.30pm lunch and 5pm until late evenings. Student and child friendly
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Went here with a wowcher, was no wow to this place,garlic bread with tomato starter was terribly bland, the tomato wasn't even red, it was orange, no taste & the base well horrible too, the rib steak that was served to us was appalling it was like eating fried liver disgusting, salad wasn't even salad, not a one to moan but didn't even attempt to order a dessert due to the poor quality of the food, best thing was the chips but then again anyone can make a plate of chips!!! Glad I didn't pay full price at this place, 2 words don't go ...,

There are newer reviews for Jesmond Grill Restaurant

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Went here as liked in when it was a previous restaurant, so thought we'd try new menu under new name and owners.
We were only people in at 5pm so got a table no bother, food was nice at good price table however was in corner and top wasnt secured to base. Try eating steaks with a loose table top which has glassware placed on it! One of us had to hold table while other cut steak then swap whilst other did.
We were supposed to get a glass of wine each with our happy hour meal deal which never happened , in an empty restaurant it wouldnt be hard to attend to details in our opinion.
Never asked for the wine as was driving but did think we should of been offered it or an alcohol free replacement.
It was nice but so are lots of restaurants, details are important, details seal the deal, here they were lacking .

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Didn,'t want to eat in our hotel so went for a wander and found this place. We had starters and mains with a bottle of the decent house red. My steak was cooked as ordered (blue) and the rest of the food was good. Service was attentive, decor good and overall an enjoyable meal out.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked a table for my husband and myself as I heard it was something well worth trying. Never in my life have I been so disgusted in the service and manner and the staff, but more so of the manager! My started took way too long, our steaks were served cold and had a few hairs and the waitress forgot out sides. After I thought it couldn't get any worse the manager himself served me a COLD COFFEE! I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for some what of service

3  Thank Sarahlizr
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I have know this restaurant since it was Cafe Med, and have never really had any problems until my recent visit. Upon arrival we discovered it had changed its name... They seem very 'offer orientated' and it looks like the prices have rocketed to accommodate the amount of discount coupons/cards they have bought in to.

Ordered muscles for starter which arrived still closed. Asked for some new ones and got the same ones warmed up. Steaks are over priced and just average. And £3.00 for a steak sauce? Really?

Staff are lovely bit I preferred it when it was Cafe Med. If it's not broke - Don't fix it.

1  Thank NewcastlePeople