Just had a two night stay there and overall good value.
Room - good sized with a folded up sofa bed which doubled up as the sofa, so any hotel room where you don't have to lie on the bed to watch TV is a bonus for us.
The TV was a reasonable flat screen on the desk unit, not one of those low budget wall mounted ones which you can't see anyway. The obligatory tea/coffee station in an open plan wardrobe affair. Bathroom/shower really well thought out clean and functional.
Seperate electric wall heater under the window. The window/room was rearward facing 5th floor looking out over the river and railway so actually very quiet being high up. In fact the only gripe would be that the mattress was too soft..
Breakfast - okay except that the cooked items held in warmer were not really pipping hot, once sat down you had to eat it quick. But in all reality it is advertised as a free breakfast so you get toast, all drinks, cereal, rolls and all the other breakfast items.
General points - massive free parking (That's got to be worth a fiver), free wifi, walking distance from the metro centre, and a fiver return (on the bus)into Newcastle
So all that for under £50 a night (booked through an intermediate site) can't grumble, we'd go back again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is a modern designed hotel ideally located just off the A1. Guest rooms accommodate two adults with up to two children and include Express Start Breakfast, free wifi and free parking. Guest rooms are en-suite with power shower, 32-inch flatscreen TV, free wifi, hair dryer and telephone. The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is situated in Newcastle Upon Tyne and is only a short distance from Gateshead, Sunderland and Durham. The hotel is an excellent choice for an overnight stay when visiting the area or as a stop off when on your travels. For the corporate traveller the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is situated only a short distance from Newcastle Business Park, Newburn Riverside Park, The Watermark and Team Valley Trading Estate. Major companies situated near to the hotel are BAE Systems and ITV Television. For the leisure traveller the hotel is situated a short walk from the Metrocentre, the largest shopping mall in Europe. Newcastle City Centre is only 3.5 Miles away and the infamous Newcastle nightlife is a must for any party goer. The city's many attractions also include Newcastle United Football Club, Metro Radio Arena and of course the famous Tyne Bridge and the Gateshead Millenium Bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Superbreak UK so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne