Modern hotel with very helpful staff. Our room was on the ground floor facing the car park and a railway line, so no view. The bathroom was spotless with a very good shower and a separate toilet. The carpet in the bedroom was very stained next to the bed. The bed itself was not a kingsize but a double and was too soft for us. We had to put a pillow between us to stop roll together!! The breakfast was basic but ok. Right opposite the hotel is a TGIF Fridays where we had an excellent evening meal..( see separate review). The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the Metro Centre which is huge. We decided to drive there so we could drop off our shopping during the day. We got there at 9a.m. So the car park was virtually empty. No parking charges either. On the second night we were woken up at 2 a.m by a load of screaming, shouting women. Eventually a member of staff came to try to quieten them down. After a lot of swearing and shouting they must have gone to their beds. There seemed to be a lot of hen and stag parties staying. Would we go back. Probably not to that hotel but we loved Newcastle and the friendly people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is a modern designed hotel ideally located just off the A1. Guest rooms accommodate two adults with up to two children and include Express Start Breakfast, free wifi and free parking. Guest rooms are en-suite with power shower, 32-inch flatscreen TV, free wifi, hair dryer and telephone. The Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is situated in Newcastle Upon Tyne and is only a short distance from Gateshead, Sunderland and Durham. The hotel is an excellent choice for an overnight stay when visiting the area or as a stop off when on your travels. For the corporate traveller the Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metrocentre is situated only a short distance from Newcastle Business Park, Newburn Riverside Park, The Watermark and Team Valley Trading Estate. Major companies situated near to the hotel are BAE Systems and ITV Television. For the leisure traveller the hotel is situated a short walk from the Metrocentre, the largest shopping mall in Europe. Newcastle City Centre is only 3.5 Miles away and the infamous Newcastle nightlife is a must for any party goer. The city's many attractions also include Newcastle United Football Club, Metro Radio Arena and of course the famous Tyne Bridge and the Gateshead Millennium Bridge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Holiday Inn Newcastle Upon Tyne