Last year in October we stayed in the Novotel before travelling to Amsterdam on the Ferry. Travelling down to Yorkshire it gave us a stopover and a chance to visit the metro centre. The Hotel is close to the airport so can have a busy turn over. We arrived at 12pm and were promptly checked into our room by a very nice receptionist who recognised our postcode as being close to a hotel he had previously worked in of the same company. He also opened a drawer and allowed both children to choose a small toy each.
The room was bright and airy and had a double bed and the sofa bed had 2 single beds which were ideal for our gruesome twosome children. The bathroom and toilet were separate. A hand basin would be a handy addition in the toilet part.
A large wardrobe is available just inside the door to the room and there is a door which closes the room off to the noise. A kettle and mugs were provided as were shower gel etc. A large flat screen TV which you could order a broadband and film package for £10.50 for 24 hours was available and was a welcome settle downer as the kids watched Gullivers Travels and Despicable Me before bed and settled easily.
My husband heard a hen party return at 2.30am but they did settle down quickly but otherwise I heard no noise and found it quite peaceful.
Breakfast is served in the Elements dining room and was a good selection of cereals, yoghurts, meats, cheese, cooked breakfast and pastries and bread as well as a non timed toaster which nearly had burnt toast. Coffee and tea were plentiful along with milk or fruit juices and water. We had lunch in the bar which was nice and when they brought the wrong sandwich for our daughter they changed it immediately. Drinks were expensive compared to your usual places.
An XBox 360 was provided for free use along with a mac computer. Flight times are also offered in reception and staff can arrange the bus to the airport and a wake up call. Breakfast is served 5-11am.
It's ideally placed for the airport or for a shopping trip to the Metro Centre as it's only 3 miles. My only gripe is £5 for parking when you sometimes pay over £100 for a room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Newcastle Airport offers state of the art facilities with stylish new design. Located 5 min drive from Newcastle International Airport now offering shuttle service and flight information screen. 126 en suite rooms including accessible rooms andinternet. Elements Bar and Restaurant. Ideally placed for conference and events with 8 rooms (200 persons) and leisure suite with indoor heated pool, sauna, gym. Easy reach of city centre night life, Metro Centre shopping and the Northumberland coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Newcastle Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Newcastle Airport Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Novotel Hotel Newcastle Airport
- Novotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Novotel