I stayed at this hotel for work reasons so was chosen as local to the office. I stay in a hotel for work about once a week so a regular traveler.
The room was basic, separate toilet room which was very small and cramped and then a separate shower. The kettle lid was broken, which meant as i poured hot water the lid fell off, very dangerous. My room was also really cold, i tried the thermostat on the wall but made no difference - phoned reception and apparently the hotel doesn't have heating so they delivered a little blow heater to my room. this made no difference and i was not offered an extra duvet or anything.I think heating in a hotel is a basic requirement plus my written confirmation for the booking confirmed heating.
Dinner was shocking - i went down to the restaurant and chose the Lamb. This was Lamb with Asparagus and Cabbage Mash (£15.95) and i choose a side order of Broccoli (£3) as i knew i would not eat the mashed potato. It has 3 sprigs of Asparagus and the mashed potato was not fresh. The broccoli was mainly stem (see the picture) and the stems were raw so not eaten and had maybe 5 heads which were edible. So it cost £19 for some pre-heated Microwaved mash potato, 3 small sections of lamb, 3 asparagus sprigs and stemmed raw broccoli - glad i wasn't paying for my food. I ordered a cup of tea but they only had Full Fat milk - i cant drink this but had no skimmed or even semi skimmed milk so opted for tap water. I am not a fussy eater at all but like to follow a healthy diet and therefore felt that offering milk was a basic standard of a hotel. I therefore left the restaurant hungry.
Breakfast was £13.95 for a full buffet - this was fine but massively overpriced in my opinion. I asked reception the night before to order me some skimmed milk so had that for breakfast and it was there so cheered me up slightly.
I put a complaint in with the hotel and have given the General manager by opinion but overall i think the visit including food was massively over priced, poor room standards and poor food.... defiantly be sticking with a Premier Inn going forward.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Newcastle Airport offers state of the art facilities with stylish new design. Located 5 min drive from Newcastle International Airport now offering shuttle service and flight information screen. 126 en suite rooms including accessible rooms andinternet. Elements Bar and Restaurant. Ideally placed for conference and events with 8 rooms (200 persons) and leisure suite with indoor heated pool, sauna, gym. Easy reach of city centre night life, Metro Centre shopping and the Northumberland coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Newcastle Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Newcastle Airport Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Novotel Hotel Newcastle Airport
- Novotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Novotel