“Very practical and clean”

Novotel Newcastle Airport
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very practical and clean”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Excellent price / quality. Perfect if you have a plane to catch on the next morning. We couldn't find the entrance to the hotel with the car at first, it is badly indicated from the road. Good location, comfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank semagora
SHodgson, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
"Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]
"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Polish first
Den Haag
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Novotel at Newcastle airport . Staff is very friendly and helpful,on site ( paid) parking was a plus . Rooms clean and beds were very comfortable.

Only downside was one of two elevators was not working and then the second stopped as well! They tried their best to get some one out to repair it , but since there were specialized spare parts needed,it didn't get done until the next day.The front desk did help people with their bags.

The nicest surprise was the Indian food at their restaurant. We had non vegetarian food from the Kerala and Tamil Nadu regions of South India. The variety and quality was a pleasant surprise this far north. Breakfast was good,buffet style.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maitreyib
"Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I note the comments regarding the lifts and apologise for the inconveninece which this caused.I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson )
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We got a good deal for this hotel as we needed a short stay over recently.

The room size was good and the bed was comfortable too.

The entrance was lovely with modern computers available.

The cost for breakfast was high so we didn't buy breakfast here.

All in all an OK stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank 123wanderlust123
"Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. PLease look out for the pre-paid breakfast offer on Novotel.com which makes a great differnce in price. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson)
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Novotel Newcastle Airport. We are a family but were here on business and the main thing that stood out for us were the cleanliness and the staff in the hotel. They are really friendly and helpful and respond to your inquiries very quickly and efficiently. The breakfast was delicious (perhaps expensive in a competitive market) but the produce was lovely and the staff - again couldn't be more helpful. Upon arrival, we were upgraded free of charge from a superior room to an executive room (which we were told would've been £170!) We paid the rate of a superior room but to be honest would've not been satisfied to pay £170 as the decor was a bit too old fashioned and the toilet being separate from the bathroom wasn't to our taste. However, the free wi-fi, nespresso machine, iPod doc and TV were all really nice features (and of course the extensive toiletries which were lovely products). The hotel was also spotless! Overall, we would stay again but we would prefer for the room to be at lower cost.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Spholsholiday
"Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson )
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a double room but when we checked in we where given a free upgrade to executive what a nice surprise we enjoyed are stay very much staff very friendly and to top off a good night next morning the breakfast was fantastic anyone who is flying from Newcastle could not fined a better place to stay as the airport is only 2 mile away and there is a Toby inn next door if you to wet your whistle

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stephen l
"Thank you for your kind comments and compliments – I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson )
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice within a week; the first trip was en route to a family funeral at Carlisle with my 86 year old mother, when we stayed for 2 nights and the second time was with my husband en route to a friend's wedding in Hartlepool, when we stayed for one night. Both times I had flown from Bristol, as we live in Weymouth, Dorset, nearly 2 hours from the airport.
My mother and I arrived after a good flight on easyJet, around 9pm. The airport transfers were included, as we had booked a superior room. The room was spacious and spotlessly clean, with an en suite walk in shower. On arrival we went to the pool for a swim. Although quite a small pool, we had it to ourselves and it was all clean. The sauna was not working but we were not bothered, as it was already quite late and we needed to eat. It was really convenient to have towels provided in the pool area, meaning that we could save time. It made so much difference to be able to have this stress-busting dip. After this we freshened up in our room before going to the bar at around 21:50 for a meal. The staff were friendly and put us at ease. I asked for vinaigrette for my salad but was given vinegar. I put this down to an error of language comprehension. I felt grateful that there were people to serve us at this relatively late hour. The food and wine was good. We had a peaceful night's sleep on the second floor.
Breakfast is served from 5 am to 10 am in a pleasant open plan area. Tables are nicely spaced and overlook the garden, which is well-maintained and can be easily accessed. Some people were having a drink on the patio outside, as it was a sunny morning. Breakfast was excellent, with the widest variety of food imaginable, as all beautifully cooked and presented in buffet style. The cooked part was just the right temperature and was not too greasy. The coffee was just right and was brought to our table. Later on in the day, my mother could not find her handbag. The reception staff could not do enough to help us and suggested that she may have left it in the room and went to look. They took the trouble to phone us in Carlisle to let us know. I think this hotel is very well managed because the staff are relaxed in a good way, at ease with each other and are able to be themselves in a kind and caring way with the guests. The second visit was also good. My husband and I arrived 30 minutes late, around 11pm, after a delayed flight and so went straight to bed. We slept until 09:40 the next day and awoke to a knocking on our door; the staff alerted us in time so that we could get to breakfast, which officially stopped serving at 10am, but we were welcomed and had enough time. We did not managed to fit in a swim, as we had overslept, though I went to the pool, thinking I might have had a quick dip before checking out, but a children's class was in progress and there were no clean towels there then. But I had enjoyed a good breakfast and we had to get on our way, so it didn't matter. All in all, I can confidently recommend this hotel, especially for the quality of the food, cleanliness and attentiveness of the staff and the personal service we received.

Room Tip: slept well in centre of second floor.