“Get an executive room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Novotel Newcastle Airport
Gloucester, England
“Get an executive room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of its location. It was not in the city centre, which meant I did not have to drive into the city, it was also close to the metro line, which meant I could easily get into the centre when needed.
I booked an executive room, which had the novelty of having a Nespresso coffee machine for your use. I have to admit I did at first find it odd to have a separate room for the w.c. and for the bath/shower but you soon get used to that (though it is inconvenient to have to walk from one room to the other just yo wash your hands after using the loo. The bathroom is also accessed via French doors, which seems a little odd.
The hotel is beginning to look a little tired, especially beyond the public areas. One two occasions, one of the lifts was not working, which proved very inconvenient.
I had a very mixed experience in the restaurant. The breakfast was excellent and service started at 5am! The choice at lunchtime was very limited but very acceptable. The evening meal selection was okay but very limited for vegetarians. A large part of the evening menu was given to Indian dishes but not a single vegetarian option therein; which is quite simply not acceptable.
There are a few other dining options nearby in the neighbourhood, which are probably worth exploring.
Service is often slow. I waited 40minutes on one day in the bar without being served. You may ask why I didn't call for someone, well surely I shouldn't have to!
So my advice to anyone would be to get an executive room and be prepared to eat out.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Deerwood
SHodgson, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
"Thank you for your feedback and your honesty within the comments. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and we will be investigating this matter accordingly. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]
"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed overnight at the hotel as I was delivering training in the conference facilities last week. I was impressed by the attention to detail of the staff, not only in their concern to help the event run as smoothly as possible but in the pleasantness of their manner. The room was well laid out and good to work in and the coffee and tea breaks were enhanced by the addition of tasty and beautifully presented snacks. The food choice at lunch time was wide and like the bar meal I had later, everything was superbly cooked and delicious. Thank you - I would recommend the hotel without reservation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
"Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel last minute when i came up to visit family and the hotel i had booked into had cancelled. I paid quite abit for one night here but it was worth it as the room was a lovely size, fresh and modern and the bathroom was beautiful with a huge walk in shower.

The hotel itself is situated in quite a good area and easy to get to the airport and newcastle city center, alot of buses and the metro go to this area so if your wanting a hotel outside of newcastle then this is the place to stay.

I didnt get to look round much so im only going by what i experienced but the room itself was lovely, the views were good and there wasnt much noise considering its classed as an airport hotel.

There is parking on site and plenty of places to eat and drink nearby, its easy to find as well.

well worth the money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
"Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked this hotel for £41 on the advance booking option for returning from Newcastle airport after our flight from Sharm el Sheikh. We are from Glasgow and getting in a 2:30am meant we could not return home on the train until the next morning.

We took a taxi from the airport and it was about a 10 minute taxi journey costing us around £9. We arrived and were greeted by the friendly receptionist and given our key for our room, 119. The room was simple but with a double bed, a couch type bed with two single beds, desk, shower room and separate toilet. There were shower gel, soap, shampoo etc type products in the bathroom to use. The towels were fluffy. The bed was very comfortable and after a long flight, it was just what we needed. The room also had good black out blinds and we heard absolutely no noise.

Check out was 12 midday which was good. We didn't use the restaurant or bars etc so can't comment but they looked quite nice as we walked past them. The girl on reception on our check out was helpful and directed us to the nearest metro station which was a 10 minute walk away (Kingston Road or something) and it is about 20-25 mins from Newcastle Central.

Our stay whilst short was very good, no fuss and we had a great night's sleep. For £41 this was an absolute bargain. I would definitely book this again if flying from the airport. They also do the park and fly service but I don't know how much this costs.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
"Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us. We do offer a fully inclusive Park and Fly oiffer including transpor tto the airport, please look at the website on accor.com for the best offers. See you on your next trip hopefully! Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson )
North East England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

As we had a 6:10 am flight from Newcastle Airport we selected the Novotel Hotel as we thought we were getting a good deal. It certainly was. The hotel is excellent. We had a lovely bedroom and bathroom with TV and tea making facilities. We did not dine at the hotel or have breakfast because of our early departure. The car park was very adequate. The deal included an early morning taxi to the airport and pick-up on return. Both worked splendidly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed for one night prior to flying out the next day.
We usually stay at the Doubletree Hilton but thought the cost expensive so decided to stay here instead.
We weren't disappointed and thought we received good value for our money.
Taxi to and from the airport worked well.
We all enjoyed our evening meal and drinks.
Comfortable beds and clean rooms.
We will stay again.
Many thanks for trying to locate my wife's lost mobile that we thought she had lost in the hotel. Turned out she'd left it in her other handbag at home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
"Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson)