I chose this hotel because of its location. It was not in the city centre, which meant I did not have to drive into the city, it was also close to the metro line, which meant I could easily get into the centre when needed.
I booked an executive room, which had the novelty of having a Nespresso coffee machine for your use. I have to admit I did at first find it odd to have a separate room for the w.c. and for the bath/shower but you soon get used to that (though it is inconvenient to have to walk from one room to the other just yo wash your hands after using the loo. The bathroom is also accessed via French doors, which seems a little odd.
The hotel is beginning to look a little tired, especially beyond the public areas. One two occasions, one of the lifts was not working, which proved very inconvenient.
I had a very mixed experience in the restaurant. The breakfast was excellent and service started at 5am! The choice at lunchtime was very limited but very acceptable. The evening meal selection was okay but very limited for vegetarians. A large part of the evening menu was given to Indian dishes but not a single vegetarian option therein; which is quite simply not acceptable.
There are a few other dining options nearby in the neighbourhood, which are probably worth exploring.
Service is often slow. I waited 40minutes on one day in the bar without being served. You may ask why I didn't call for someone, well surely I shouldn't have to!
So my advice to anyone would be to get an executive room and be prepared to eat out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Newcastle Airport offers state of the art facilities with stylish new design. Located 5 min drive from Newcastle International Airport now offering shuttle service and flight information screen. 126 en suite rooms including accessible rooms andinternet. Elements Bar and Restaurant. Ideally placed for conference and events with 8 rooms (200 persons) and leisure suite with indoor heated pool, sauna, gym. Easy reach of city centre night life, Metro Centre shopping and the Northumberland coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Lastminute and ACCOR so you can book your Novotel Newcastle Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Newcastle Airport Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Novotel Hotel Newcastle Airport
- Novotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Newcastle Upon Tyne Novotel