Novotel Newcastle Airport
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$104
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$77
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$125
US$101
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Pool
The New Northumbria Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Osborne Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$79
US$91
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Newcastle South Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
1,399 results
All reviewstoby carverykingston parkseparate toiletpancake machineparking chargeswimming poolnewcastle airportpark and flyexecutive roomper nightcity centremetro stationthe sofa bedroad noisefamily roompleasant staybreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Could not rate this place higher for what it is. Stayed up here on business lovley place to unwind at the end of the day.

Staff extra curtious and polite/ interested in your needs, willing to go the extra mile. If I find myself in Newcastle again I will definatly be booking in here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
sha909, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

"Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We arrived in the early hours, for a short stop over en-route from Kent to Moray, Scotland. The check in process was effortless (as needed that time in the morning, arriving with two sleepy children and the family dog).The room was perfect for our short stay and clean. In the morning, the dog was made to feel very welcome by the staff as we passed through reception on our way out for his breakfast and walk.
Then a table was offered just outside of the restaurant area so that the dog could sit with us for breakfast. The breakfast was a selection of good quality hot and cold food which we all enjoyed (the children ate free, which was an unexpected bonus!).
All in all a perfect, if short, experience. We will definitely visit again when we're passing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

"Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

To be honest I had never heard of the Novotel hotel chain before booking this stay. We decided at the last minute to book an overnight stay at a hotel close to the airport. I had searched for details on premier inn & travel lodge near the airport but then I spotted the Novotel. I rang the hotel to ask a couple of questions and spoke to a very helpful gentleman on reception. he answered my questions, offered me a very good rate & said that I could cancel up to 2pm on the day of stay if I changed my mind. the hotel itself is nice and modern, rooms very clean and comfortable. We asked for interconnecting rooms, both rooms were good size. The swimming pool was a nice addition. As our flight was early in the morning we didn't eat at the hotel, although the menus looked nice. Check in & check out nice and easy. Staff friendly and polite. My only gripe (which other people have mentioned too) is the charge for the car park which is annoying when you are guests but more & more hotels seem to be levying this charge too. Will definitely stay here again if we travel from the airport.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We've just got back from two nights here, there were 3 adults and 2 kids in interconnecting rooms which was definitely handy, it's a pain having to leave the room just to pop next door. We received a friendly welcome on check-in and the room was nice enough but didn't really wow us. It certainly wasn't any better than a Premier Inn and after 2 night's sleep the bed certainly wasn't as comfortable as a Premier Inn bed. The mattress was quite thin and wrapped in some sort of covering so the bed was really hot, especially with the thick quilt. There was no air conditioning or any way of cooling the room (I daresay we could have asked for a fan) like you get in a Premier Inn. I keep mentioning Premier Inn because that's where we would usually stay. We paid £120 for 2 nights in the Novotel but the standard price for the room would normally be £180, I think I'd contact Watchdog if I'd paid that much, especially compared with the £29 that we'd expect to pay for a Premier Inn. The breakfast was lovely, my wife thought it nicer than Premier Inn but I thought they were comparable. Once again make sure you get some sort of deal, the breakfast is £16.95 if you pay on the day, that's a hefty sum. The final annoyance is the £10 we had to pay for two night's parking. Fair enough have a barrier to stop everyone parking in your car park but £5 a day is steep for someone who is already paying more than the average price for the hotel.

Don't get me wrong, I'd stay here again but I think I'd sooner sleep in the car than pay the full price that this hotel is supposedly worth.

Room Tip: For families if you book online you can request interconnecting rooms in the comments section.
1  Thank MagnumPIHull

"Thank you very much for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Newcastle Airport and would return. I would just like to clarify the published rate to which you refer, is the highest price which we will ever charge (obviously not the regular price). Secondly our full price breakfast is £13.95 (not £16) and this can be pre-booked on the novotel.com site at the promotional rate of £7.95. Hope this helps clarify. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I travel about with work and stay in various hotels but this was my first visit here!

My room was quite big and was nice and clean and bright! The window was open which was good as it was quite a warm day.

Had dinner and breakfast and all food was fantastic. I ordered room service for dinner as I was tired and they brought me the wrong meal but this was quickly rectified!

Lovely staff who are very friendly and if I have a small gripe it is the car park charges! This should be included in the room price!

Would def stay again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank gail130882
SHodgson, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

"Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]