“ok but needs a big update”

Novotel Newcastle Airport
Belfast, United Kingdom
“ok but needs a big update”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

was staying here in august with my family as we where over visiting family we stayed 4 nights we did not order food in the hotel because it was so expensive it was £14.50 for a burger and chips and the curries where about the same price and don't get me started on the breakfast its near 14 pound each for a breakfast and the thing that i find stupid is that its only a 3 star hotel we went to tobys cravey for a breakfast every morning and they where so yummy and it was only 4 pound there for an all you can eat breakfast and its very noisy on weddings sofa beds are hard i whacked my arm in the middle on a meddle bar/pool no locks on the toilet in your room so if you go with your family they can easy walk in when your on the loo so i would rate this hotel a 2 out of 10 so think again where you wanna stay.

3 Thank donncha2014
sha909, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
"I am sorry that on this occasion that you were disappointed with your stay. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating this matter. Please feel free to contact me directlyu at the hotel if you wish to discuss this further. Kind regards, [General Manager, Sheena Hodgson]
"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Easy to find, 5 mins from airport. Easy check-in, comfy clean room, separate loo to bathroom very convenient, had room service and food was good, staff friendly and helpful. Car stayed on site. Taxi to airport on demand. Given voucher for return taxi which meant we came straight out of terminal building and jumped into first cab directly outside. No ringing for minibus, no hanging around for shuttle and no dragging cases round big car park trying to remember where you left your car (or is that just me?). A great hassle free start and end to our holiday.

Room Tip: We just arrived and crashed out, but room was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
sha909, General Manager at Novotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
"Many thanks for your kind review which is really descriptively accurate of the serrvice whcih we endeavour to provide.. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Stayed for one night in a family room. Nice room, lovely shower/bathroom. Toilet is in a separate room which some reviewers seem to have an issue with (first world problems...). Breakfast is really nice (pay in advance to get it cheaper). £5 to park which is stated when you book (so again, why are other reviewers moaning about this...). Good facilities with a swimming pool open till 10pm. 10 min walk from Metro station, and a big Tesco.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
"Many thanks for your kind review and very straight forward feedback. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. Come back soon. [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here overnight before travelling to Scotland for the week. We would definitely stay here again. The rooms were clean and modern. The breakfast was fantastic. The staff were polite and courteous.
There was even a swimming pool.
Well done Novotel.

Stayed August 2014
"Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable. [General Manager Sheena Hodgson]
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Well, where should I start? The hotel was booked for one night as I had a flight early the next morning and don't live near the airport. Finding it was a bit difficult (more down to our SatNav than anything else) but when we got there, it was fairly nice. The lobby was lovely but there was a strange lingering smell (damp? mildew? gas leak?). Checked in and headed up to my room. Now, I'm not really a hotel snob. I don't expect hotels to resemble palaces, but I also don't expect them to resemble converted prisons. Having found my room (down the end of a corridor that was very much Alcatraz-cum-hotel), I was horrified. Not only did water drip on my head (always a great sign in a hotel....not), but when I opened the door to the room, I didn't know if I was on Punk'd or what. I'd paid extra for a deluxe room and found a double bed with an opened up sofa bed next to it, so "deluxe" actually means "more people per room". The toilet was in its own little boxed in cubicle that really did remind me of using the toilet in old sites such as Auschwitz or Kilmainham Gaol. The shower was in another room and oddly, the bathroom was nice. The rest of the bedroom was awful. The bed was like sleeping on a rock, or maybe coral, because it was lumpy beyond belief and getting to sleep would have only been possible if I'd been sedated or knocked unconscious. For £63 a night, you don't expect luxury, but you do think it's going to be a nice stay. As it happens, I was happy my flight was early so I could leave quickly without having to hang around. The room had a strange smell that was either badly cleaned drains or a gas leak. The staff were lovely and incredibly helpful, but overall I would avoid this place like the plague. In future, I think I'll pay the extra money and get a room in the Premier Inn because that way it'll feel like staying in a hotel instead of a jail cell.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank abb20
"Thank you for your feedback. We treat all of our comments with the utmost seriousness and I am genuinely sorry that you did not like our failities. Should you wish to call me to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to do so. Kind regards, [General Manager Sheena Hodgson ]