Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$103
US$100
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Newcastle Metro Centre(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$65
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$70
  • Restaurant
Euro Hostel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$35
US$95
US$88
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Newcastle - Jesmond(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$81
Priceline
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$124
US$120
Travelocity
Caledonian Hotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Hotels.com
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$52
Official Hotel Site
    US$87
    PremierInn.com
    1,225 results
    See what travellers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked this hotel 2 rooms for 3 nights through Booking .com. for 2 engineers working down South for our company. Engineers roll up to check in after a full day of driving and working only to be told there are NO rooms available. The 1 person on reception adhered to company policy and phoned round other hotels - all are full.
    2 engineers leave to find a room elsewhere. They contact me to try to sort out the situation. I contact the hotel via its website explain the situation. They check online and the hotel shows 3 rooms available still!! I finally manage to get through to the hotel explain the situation. It appears company policy is to deliberately overbook rooms to ensure capacity.
    Am assured that the booking wasn't guaranteed as confirmation even tho' card details were taken. This differs from the email sent by Booking.com 'confirming the transaction'. Livid and furious are two very descriptive words that sprung to mind. The poor engineers start driving away from Newcastle in order to get a room elsewhere - which they do.
    Phone up hotel 5 days later as money has been taken out of account to cover stay at this hotel. Spoke to the Depute manager who in all fairness did refund but also confirmed the system for over booking. So beware when booking anywhere, this was a first for me and a last too I might add.

Room Tip: MAke sure your room is actually booked
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
    3  Thank Finkelhorn
    NewcManager716, Manager at Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Finkelhorn,
    Thank you for calling to speak with me directly, we sincerely apologise your colleagues were not accommodated as planned. I can confirm the refund has been processed and a copy of the receipt posted out as promised during our conversation. Once again please accept our sincere apologies, should your colleagues require accommodation in Newcastle in the near future please dont hesitate to contact me personally and I can handle their reservation.
    Kindest Regards

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here for one night after long flight. Arrived at 2am and met a very pleasant man at reception who dealt with us very quickly. Downstairs had pleasant decor in an older style English way. Our room was clean and had a small double bed and a bunk bed for the kids. Bathroom was very small but again clean and had bath and shower. All in all, it gave us what we wanted - a clean safe bed for the night. It seemed a nice wee homely place though we didn't try the telly or the breakfast. We didn't hear any plane noise despite its location, though there was a fair bit of movement early in the morning with folks banging doors as they headed off for their flights. I'd be happy to stay here again if necessary.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank Cooketours

Dear Waltonsontour,
    Thanks for your comments, we are thrilled the hotel met your requirements and we hope to welcome you again when you next fly from Newcastle Airport.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have just returned from Newcastle after staying in the Britannia Hotel. When I first saw how near it was to the airport my heart sunk. The building also looks a bit austere, however the warm welcome we got on arrival and the smart reception area lifted our spirits. We were also given a room on the ground floor, no 3, which was another bonus for us. Our room was a bit on the small size but very clean with white bedding. The rooms were all very warm and we couldn't sleep with the window open due to the traffic noise. However the planes started about 6am so that was fine We found the food to be excellent and there was plenty of it. All the staff were so very polite, helpful and did everything to make our stay enjoyable. We had booked this trip with National Holiday's however they hired York Pullman to take us on our trip. We got a driver called Soni and he was a joy to be with and the best driver we have ever had in all our years of travel.He just wanted us all to be happy and have a good time which we did.I wish all drivers were as nice and polite as him. .

Room Tip: We were very happy on the ground floor and it suited us well. From what the other guests said all the rooms were very warm and ours was too.
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    4  Thank jodrydale

Dear jodrydale,
    Thank you so much for your feedback, we are pleased you enjoyed your time with us, we look forward to welcoming you the next time you visit the North East
    Kindest Regards, .

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed 5th July for 1 night.Checkin speedy,room clean as was bathroom.Asked for early morning call no problem.Didn't eat here so can't comment.3-5 minutes walk across airport car park to terminal or 3 pound taxi ride.Good hotel for parking right on airport.What staff i did meet were courteous and informative and on leaving was giving a free daily newspaper.Oh and free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank seaboy1
    NewcManager716, Manager at Britannia Hotel Newcastle Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear seaboy1,
    Thanks for your positive feedback, we are thrilled the hotel met your requirements and look forward to welcoming you again when flying from Newcastle International

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is an old, unattractive building, right at the airport.
    Rooms are small and very dated with very basic kit.
    Both these things are fine, if that's what you are expecting - but I wasn't. I will expand later.
    I paid £70 a night, so actually quite expensive by northern standards.

On check in, I had to wait about ten mins, then when my colleague was served, they said so,done messed up the reservation so it took ten mins to sort out. Then when it was my turn, my booking had also been messed up, so mine took ten mins to sort - arrival at check in to getting room key - 30 mins.
    There is a £2 credit card fee or 50p debit card fee - I was not told this on booking, so that was annoying.

The lift up is so so old, it rattled and made funny noises, jerks around and is generally knackered, only went up in it - there after I only used the stairs!!

The rooms are worn out and need proper refurbishment, not just a lick of paint. The tv is almost an antique with only 4 channels. Wifi doesn't work. The bathroom is gross.

I went down for dinner at 7 and was told "we don't serve individuals in between tour groups" even though it was empty. I queried where I was to eat, where I was actually told, in these words "not my fault, you should have booked on check in" - how the hell was I supposed to know that! I was told I could eat in the bar, where I had to sit on a low chair, with a high table, surrounded by intoxicated pensioners and workmen - not my idea of a nice evening. Th food was poor, low quality and incredibly expensive!

My room was hot, but with the window open was too noisy. The hotel advertises climate control and air conditioning, neither of which exist - there is not even a thermostat for the radiator. There is a complimentary shower gel and lotion in the bathroom but both had been partially used - gross.

I booked via Expedia and the listing states climate control and an in room safe - this is really bad for managing customer expectation - just tell the truth! Be honest with your customers. No mention of a credit/debit charge is also annoying.

I raised all of the above with reception (a young lad) who pretended to empathise, but clearly didn't give a damn. He assured me he would inform management, so let's see if they listen. I will increase my star rating by one if they fix their Expedia listing to reflect the truth. From reading other reviews it seems management are very defensive, so rather than listen to guests and try to improve their hotel - they just get all defensive and disagree with guests.

If you just want a warm dry place to stay for a night before you fly, then fine, anything more and you will be very disappointed.

Room Tip: Any of the other 3 airport hotels are significantly better, for only a bit more money.
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank Jnoosh

Dear Jnoosh,
    Thanks for your feedback, we are sorry you experienced issues whilst at the hotel, errors on our reservations are very rare however we will endeavour to rectify them as quickly as possible. As our restaurant does get busy during peak times its advisable to book, reception should have asked if you would like a table as you were checking in, this will be addressed with the team directly.

We do have 2 lifts within the hotel, a service and guest lift. The guest lift is relatively new stainless steel. We have contacted our marketing team to correct the error on the Expedia website regarding in room safe/climate control and this should be actioned quickly, we apologise for this error. To ensure guests are satisfied its beneficial that if problems do occur our team are given the opportunity to rectify them for guests whilst at the hotel to ensure guests are satisfied their comments have been listened to.

We do hope to welcome you again in the future