I stayed here with my partner on Saturday 17th November, as a special pre Christmas treat. This is not what I would consider a 4* Hotel. The room was drab the carpet dirty and the mattress was without doubt the lumpiest and most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. It was like a cast odd from bad lads army!!. The breakfast in the morning was self service and the presentation of the buffet resembled a road smash, the fried eggs were congealed, all thrown on top of each other with bust yolks....I certainly think someone had upset the chef!!, and the sausage and bacon looked under cooked and very unnappetising, we had no cups on our table and butters and jams had not been replenished and used plates were not removed....generally a very unsatisfactory overall standard. This was a Living Social Deal purchase, and I feel perhaps we may have been given a budget room but would still expect a certain standard which was clearly not met.I would not have paid the full price for this standard of accommodation. I would not return even if they were giving the rooms away!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne