I stayed for two nights on business recently. I was pleased with the situation of my room - top floor front of hotel, views of the river and bridges. The hotel itself is an easy 5 minute walk to the centre, and also convenient for the station.
My twin-bedded room was of a good size, as was the bathroom. The decor maybe would have benefited from brightening up but was not tatty. Both beds were very soft and springy - felt like they had seen better days. There was free WiFi - not a strong signal but enough to watch TV by (very limited range of channels on the old-fashioned 'fat' set).
Bath towels were generously sized. The shower was fabulous, very powerful, but sadly COLD on the final morning. Reception told me that the boiler should be fixed soon, which transpired to be overly optimistic. Apologies were scarce and no solution offered, such as being able to use one of the vacant rooms. Very disappointing.
The woman serving breakfast was friendly and kind, as were the concierges. Breakfast itself was underwhelming, although I was content with croissants and coffee. The cooked options did not look appetising, as my colleagues confirmed.
Other colleagues stayed in another city centre hotel, similarly priced but with a decent breakfast and comfortable beds - I shall request that one next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Lastminute, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne