And the friendly staff maybe. The rooms are very tired though and TV etc from a bygone era. Still a central location though and friendly, but not worth what I paid nor 4 stars. Tip: ask for a room not facing the railway and if you go for steak in the restaurant, order medium rare not medium (cremated).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Expedia, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne