Newcastle is a fabulous city in all respects--splendid architecture and interior design in the pubs--and what a great variety of beers there are available in the town's many awesome watering holes. The Tyneside Cinema is amazing, showing that this city has a world class arts and culture scene as well as trashy nightlife.
Vermont Hotel is in a perfect location, as others have mentioned. The price is fantastic for what you get. The room was one of the largest we had in the country and best price. Free parking and WiFi. Extreme high pressure shower. Rooms are generally clean and classy except for the old useless tube TV.
What's not to like? Well, there is a boom-boom bar below the hotel that got loud and annoying on the last night of our stay, which was Thursday. If I'd known that earlier, I would have been able to change rooms. I would certainly have appreciated the front desk having warned me about the club.
In spite of this, I still give 5* for the Vermont because I feel that Newcastle is a party town and if you really need to retire early or have quiet place to stay, you need to stay outside of city center. The boom-boom bar stopped at 1AM, which is very reasonable. But if you can, do request firmly when you check in that you would like a quiet room and perhaps you will get luckier than I. If you want location like this, you must be willing to put up with some noise if you are staying Thurs-Sun anyway. I would most certainly recommend this as a city center option and would stay again (perhaps not on a weekend tho--could be a bit crazy!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, LateRooms, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne