When we first arrived in the hotel, there was a very unhappy customer who had only stayed the first night of their stay. The reception was rude him. At first I thought the customer was being fussy.
We had to wait 15 minutes to be looked after with no apology. The receptionist was rude and very unhelpful when asking about things to see and do in the area.
When we got to our room, it was very hot and smelled of TCP. My friend (who is a supervisor in a 4* hotel herself) went to complain, which the receptionist was very miserable about and very unhelpful. Reluctantly, we were given another room, which wasnt much of an improvement.
There was no air-con in the room and the window only opened ajar; all that was provided was a small fan.
On one occasion, we rang room service. 40 minutes later we were still waiting. We had to ring again, which they passed off saying "there had been a problem" No apologies were given for this. We planned to have dinner in the hotel but decided to spend our money elsewhere.
Other friends had stayed in Sleeperz around the corner, which was more modern, with friendly and helpful staff. This was also cheaper and more central.
The pluses of this hotel: it has a gym and the bar is very young and trendy. It is also very central with a good view, if requested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne