Afternoon tea (£14.95) at the Vermont in Newcastle was lovely. It was busy (but not noisy) and although we had not booked, we were given a table with no fuss. The room was very relaxing with big leather sofas and an open fire. The only downside was as the huge flat screen TV which did not add to the atmosphere. The service was very friendly and attentive, with an offer of a fresh pot of tea and refills of milk. The sandwiches were spot on, cakes and scones were freshly made with loads of fresh cream, butter and small pots of jam. We had to take a doggy bag home with some cakes as there were so many. The afternoon teas start at 1pm which is earlier than most and useful if you want to use it as an extended lunch. Probably the best I've had in Newcastle and I will definitely be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Priceline, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne