We got a good price for our 2 night stay (£60 per night) and had already read some of the reviews so had a good idea of what to expect.
The hotel is centrally located and was really easy to find. Valet parking was on hand and we didn't have to pay for parking which was a bonus given how close this hotel is to the centre.
The hotel was in the process of being refurbished during our stay. All communal areas had been tastefully decorated and gave an indication as to what standard the bedrooms would be following the refurb.
The room we stayed in was suitable and fair for the price we paid, however, I can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel that didn't have a flat screen TV........
Breakfast offered a wide selection of hot and cold foods which was a self serve buffet option.
All staff were really friendly, from the doorman, reception, bar staff etc....
We will definitely visit again once the refurbishment is complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Lastminute, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne