I booked this hotel based on its website reviews, website photographs and the sky lounge facility.
We arrived and a very a very attentive valet who took out bags and packed out car so first impressions where immediately excellent. We arrived at the reception desk and all was lovely. Checked in no bother and the hotels Lobby, Reception, Bar and Grill restaurant where as seen on the website, modern, clean a touch of luxury. However this could not be said about our room on the 11th floor!
I am glad I took my slippers as the carpet was filthy, the shower head had all pink/red mould on it and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. We were put in a room which over looks the railways line so the from that was a factor. The be linen was crisp and clean however the bed was by far the firmest I've ever slept on in a hotel.
I was bitterly disappointed that we were unable to use the sky lounge facility as it is reserved for private functions only ! This facility was one if the only reasons I booked this hotel and had I of known this before hand I would not have booked it.
Value for money ?? In my opinion no! The room was poor and is short of its trip advisor 4 star rating. The hotel is in need of updating to bring it up to its first impressions as you walk through the door.
On a positive! The staff were lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne