The Vermont Hotel
Staybridge Suites Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$97
  • Breakfast included
US$111
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$108
US$91
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Royal Station Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$71
  • Pool
US$90
US$84
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$70
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Jesmond Dene House(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$125
US$118
Agoda.com
Malmaison Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)
US$119
US$115
US$99
US$90
Priceline
  • Restaurant
easyHotel Newcastle(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$37
Official Hotel Site
    2,254 results
    All reviewsafternoon tearedwood barsky loungebridge restaurantwine and dinecocktail bartyne bridgelovely hoteldean streetcity centrebit datedpublic areasbars and restaurantsbirthday treathotel barcar parkdouble room
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely hotel with large comfortable rooms. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful. We also enjoyed a delicious meal in the wonderful restaurant. We would definitely stay in the Vermont again!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Fine hotel, in centre of Newcastle. Everything in walking distance. Rooms a bit small, beds are more than fine. Breakfast ok. Good value for money if you can get a good deal.
    I forgot to take out my wallet of the safety deposit box in the room before I went on a trip to the Lakes but after a few calls hotel confirmed to have found and stored it safely. Got it returned to me when driving by on my way back to the airport on Monday. Thanks very much again, cheers, Arthur

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the city centre, & is great for the quayside or the shops.
    We stayed here as it was close to St James Park got a concert.
    Walking distance to all the restaurants & pubs.
    Choose a room over the front entrance as it's quieter than over the street & the bars.
    Rooms are large, old traditional building with character.
    Bathrooms needs updating, but the public areas have been tastefully refurbished
    Didn't eat here or use any facilities as there are plenty outside.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on its website reviews, website photographs and the sky lounge facility.
    We arrived and a very a very attentive valet who took out bags and packed out car so first impressions where immediately excellent. We arrived at the reception desk and all was lovely. Checked in no bother and the hotels Lobby, Reception, Bar and Grill restaurant where as seen on the website, modern, clean a touch of luxury. However this could not be said about our room on the 11th floor!
    I am glad I took my slippers as the carpet was filthy, the shower head had all pink/red mould on it and the wallpaper was peeling off the walls. We were put in a room which over looks the railways line so the from that was a factor. The be linen was crisp and clean however the bed was by far the firmest I've ever slept on in a hotel.
    I was bitterly disappointed that we were unable to use the sky lounge facility as it is reserved for private functions only ! This facility was one if the only reasons I booked this hotel and had I of known this before hand I would not have booked it.
    Value for money ?? In my opinion no! The room was poor and is short of its trip advisor 4 star rating. The hotel is in need of updating to bring it up to its first impressions as you walk through the door.
    On a positive! The staff were lovely.

2  Thank shar t
    Reviewed 31 May 2014

Chose the hotel because it is near the station. Stayed two nights. On first night the heating was on full, even though it was a warm day. Turned the thermostat to zero, but didn't seem to make any difference. The only opening window was broken, so could not be opened.

I complained the next morning, and was told someone would look at the thermostat. Guess what, on my return in the evening I had exactly the same problem. Hotel agreed to move me to another room. Went in, heating was on full. Turned down thermostat and opened the windows. Went out for a couple of hours, but when returned the room was still very hot.

Hotel moved me to another room. This one had aircon, and was great.

In summary. Hotel is OK, and if I had been given the room with aircon originally I would have given it 4 out of 5. However, the first room was worth no more than 2.

I doubt I will go back.