We were warmly welcomed at the door on arrival and the hotel is in an excellent location with fantastic views over the river from the higher floors. The lobby, bar areas and dinning rooms are fitted out to a high standard.
I travel extensively abroad on business and stay at many hotels. For the prices being charged here (£209 inc breakfast for a 1 night stay) the room (1106) was well below standard. Not only was the room and bathroom very small, it was also shabby. Stained carpets, furniture from the 70's, very small double bed, peeling wallpaper and dirty ceilings are not what I expect to get for that kind of money. The welcome letter in the room said rooms are being refurbished, it is still no excuse.
On the plus side, staff are friendly, breakfast and service were 1st class and we were made to feel welcome. That along with the location mean there are lots of plus points also.
On departure, check out was quick and efficient, although i wasnt asked if there was anything that could have improved my stay.
I would stay at the hotel again if staying over in Newcastle, but would want one of the refurbished rooms with the river front views next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne