I have stayed at the Vermont a lot over the past there years or so. Ranging from stays of two nights to over a week. Each time it has been a pleasure and excellent value. I have always found the staff delightful and always willing to help in any way they can. True some of the rooms have needed updating but that programme is well underway, although, personally I think the revamped dinning room is frankly a disaster. There was little wrong with the previous decor and layout, while new look is cross between a cheap gift shop and the idea of a gentleman's club created by somebody whose never been in one.
One of the things that aways fascinates me on tripadvisor is the vindictiveness of some reviews which often bear little or no resemblance to the places I have experienced.
Last week I arrived at 11o'clock at night, on a Friday, with no room booked. Andrew, plus the other staff could not have been more helpful in a very stressful circumstances which they knew nothing about. A big "thank you" as always to the Vermont.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few hotels can boast a more enviable city centre postcode than the Vermont Hotel, for this imposing structure is located in the heart of the City of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, not only next to the Castle Keep and opposite the historic Moot Hall, but also just two minutes from Newcastle's Central Station. Combining old character in the form of 1930s grandeur with contemporary elegance and four-star luxury, the landmark building is your base from which to discover the many bars, shops and attractions of the town centre and wider area. Look outside your window and you might see such sights as the River Tyne, Millennium Bridge or stunning cathedral, and it's not the only mark of the sheer inspiration of the Vermont Hotel experience. That's because the reasons for the hotel's reputation become clear with a stay in any one of its sophisticated bedrooms, which are finished in soft relaxing colours while also coming with a wealth of facilities for your pleasure and comfort, including - among others - private en-suite bathrooms, a mini bar and free Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Superbreak UK, Lastminute, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Vermont Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vermont Hotel Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Vermont Newcastle Upon Tyne